Confirm some changes?

Beta testing of the Local Unit Directory Application
failproof
Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:34 am
Location: South Jordan, UT, USA

Confirm some changes?

Postby failproof » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Can you confirm that the following changes were done purposefully and not inadvertently?:

Uploading a photo and assigning it an individual who is the only individual in the household, automatically assigns that photo to both the individual and the household. When you go to manage photos there are two of the same photo even if you only uploaded one.

Ward Leaders and Stake Leaders - the list of organizations and groups is now alphabetical instead of always having the Bishopric/Stake Presidency at the top of the list.

Clicking on My Household puts me on my household as expected, but already in edit mode.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Re: Confirm some changes?

Postby aebrown » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:40 pm

failproof wrote:Can you confirm that the following changes were done purposefully and not inadvertently?:

I am not in a position to confirm or deny, but that doesn't stop me from offering my opinions. :)
failproof wrote:Uploading a photo and assigning it an individual who is the only individual in the household, automatically assigns that photo to both the individual and the household. When you go to manage photos there are two of the same photo even if you only uploaded one.

This sounds like a nice improvement, particularly for YSA wards.

failproof wrote:Ward Leaders and Stake Leaders - the list of organizations and groups is now alphabetical instead of always having the Bishopric/Stake Presidency at the top of the list.

Now that we have a longer list of organizations, I can see why this might have been done, but I don't like the bishopric and particularly the stake presidency being a ways down the list. I suppose the challenge is that other than that presiding group, there's not a totally natural ordering to the organizations.

failproof wrote:Clicking on My Household puts me on my household as expected, but already in edit mode.

That sounds like a good change; there's not much reason for "My Household" except for editing your household, so this saves a click.

jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:26 am
Location: Utah

Re: Confirm some changes?

Postby jeffevannelson » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:55 pm

aebrown has most of all the reasons why correct. Only one we are still debating is the ordering on the organizations. Problem comes when you have some wards with many quorums etc 2 deacons quorums etc

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1454
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Re: Confirm some changes?

Postby jonesrk » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:28 pm

jeffevannelson wrote:aebrown has most of all the reasons why correct. Only one we are still debating is the ordering on the organizations. Problem comes when you have some wards with many quorums etc 2 deacons quorums etc

I like the idea of listing it once in the middle section and then when they select Young Men or Elders Quorum from the middle the positions on the right are grouped by their quorum or class.
Ryan Jones
CDOL Developer
Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk
Former Ward Clerk

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6139
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Re: Confirm some changes?

Postby lajackson » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:40 pm

jeffevannelson wrote:aebrown has most of all the reasons why correct. Only one we are still debating is the ordering on the organizations. Problem comes when you have some wards with many quorums etc 2 deacons quorums etc

I would suggest the presiding organization first, then others in alphabetical order if needed for programming purposes.

That's the way the deacons pass the sacrament on Sunday (except for the alphabetical part). The presiding officer first, then everyone else in any simple order.


Return to “Beta Directory”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest