Viewing Month and Week items

For community testing of Calender releases.
RBeatse

Viewing Month and Week items

Post by RBeatse »

Some observations (not sure if they are "working as designed" or if they are incorrect). I find the functionality "odd".
Month View
Uncheck all building calendars and Stake and Ward calendars--The calendar is empty except for Churchwide events. This seems correct.
Check only the location calendars (no Stake/Ward calendars checked)--Everything shows up (ALL Stake and ALL Wards) with the building icon the correct color but the text is black for every event.
Check any/all Stake and Ward calendars--The selected calendars' events show in their correct color but those that are not on a calendar I have access to are still shown but the text is black.

Week View
Uncheck all building calendars and Stake and Ward calendars--The calendar is empty except for Churchwide events. This seems correct.
Check only the location calendars (no Stake/Ward calendars checked)--Calendar events that are NOT on a calendar I have access to (a different Ward) show up in grey. This is the same functionality as today but is different when compared to how Month View behaves.
Check any/all Stake and Ward calendars--The selected calendars' events show in their correct color but those that are not on a calendar I have access to are still shown but the block is in grey.

Ultimately, with the new "Location Calendars", it seems confusing as to what overrides what when deciding what to view and what not to view. I can turn off calendars I don't want to see but if the location is on, then everything for that location still shows up, but not in Week View where it only shows if I also have the calendar checked. But they do show in Week View if it is a calendar I cannot "view".

Am I making any sense?

Return to “Beta Calendar”