Lesson Schedules Discountinued 2017

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
jhowell2000

Re: Lesson Schedules Discountinued 2017

Post by jhowell2000 »

I was just beginning to get my ward to rely on this tool for lessons schedules and to help when a teacher needed a substitute. Sorry to see it is ending.
rjroper

Post by rjroper »

I am very sad that the Lesson schedules will be going away. As a former Bishop, this was very helpful to keep teachers on track and help those who cannot attend church know what to study. And the suggestion to go back to paper? We can do better than that. Please keep this function. It blesses my life and the life of many others in my ward and family.
bryaneh

Post by bryaneh »

Add my voice to those that are disappointed that Lesson Schedules is going away. I think that if people don't want to use it, don't use it. But I think that there are enough people that do use it that it is worthwhile to keep it around. It is one place that is a centralized location that everyone can log into as opposed to Google Calendar or something similar.
seperry

Post by seperry »

For those wanting an alternative, just go into the electronic version of the contents of the Gordon B. Hinkley book and cut/paste Lessons into word or excell and manipulate a table with Teacher and date. Not so hard....Although the lesson scheduler was a great idea and I used it, it's days are numbered. I have chosen to use the "Newsletter" selection under MY WARD and labeled an article as "FORMS" and attached all our branch forms....like Reimbursement forms, Meeting schedules, Meetinghouse cleaning forms...ect. This way anyone can download a reimbursement form to their home computer and fill out before the come to church. You can also attach the Teaching Schedule to this article. Pretty Handy! Steve
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

I always thought church correlation not only correlated standard curriculum but also correlated schedules. Will we ever be able to visit a ward and have the next lesson in sequence. I know there are always slight differences for Ward or stake conferences but it has always been very close or right on. I see presidencies making their own schedules based on what they feel is best for their ward. I know in our ward we have already had suggest we combine gospel principles lessons so all are given twice a year.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

wrigjef wrote:I always thought church correlation not only correlated standard curriculum but also correlated schedules. Will we ever be able to visit a ward and have the next lesson in sequence. I know there are always slight differences for Ward or stake conferences but it has always been very close or right on. I see presidencies making their own schedules based on what they feel is best for their ward. I know in our ward we have already had suggest we combine gospel principles lessons so all are given twice a year.
Church policies for curriculum in second and third hour (for 2016) are here:
https://www.lds.org/bc/content/ldsorg/m ... f?lang=eng
And 2017:
https://www.lds.org/bc/content/ldsorg/m ... f?lang=eng

The schedule does set apart certain lessons to be determined by the ward – on 1st, 4th, and 5th Sundays. And, of course, ward leaders may feel inspired to teach something different from time to time. As you mention, stake conference, temple dedications, natural disasters, holidays (Christmas), or General Conference (in countries where it's watched the following week) can force things to be moved around. Some wards skip a lesson when there's an event; other wards postpone or combine.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

And as I said before, you can use calendar tool to notify your choices and Teachers.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

I just hope that someone from the church gets input showing that many units and members use the lesson schedule feature and want it to remain.
SmithonVI

Post by SmithonVI »

Add me to the list of members disappointed that this valuable tool is to be discontinued. I always made up a paper list of the schedules for each unit in our stake - to reach those members that didn't use the online resources - and I will continue to do so. I suppose a replacement for the online schedule would be to use the online calendar. I would welcome any other suggestions.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wrigjef wrote:I just hope that someone from the church gets input showing that many units and members use the lesson schedule feature and want it to remain.
Since the Church has web analytics associated with all pages on LDS.org, they certainly have very accurate data as to how much the Lesson Schedules feature is used.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”