Add Lesson Schedules into LDS Tools app or Gospel Library App

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool at lds.org.
tbradford38

Add Lesson Schedules into LDS Tools app or Gospel Library App

Postby tbradford38 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:45 pm

Can anyone confirm that the church is working on a way for Youth and other individuals to access the lesson schedule information from the Lesson Schedule module on LDS.org via apps such as LDS Tools or Gospel Library?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Add Lesson Schedules into LDS Tools app or Gospel Library App

Postby russellhltn » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Such things are rarely announced until they're done. Even if announced, I'd take any mentioned deadline with a large dose of salt unless the expected rollout is within two weeks. There's just too many things that can cause it to change.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:45 pm

I know it's been suggested here before, but I haven't heard that anything like that is currently in the works. The LDS.org Lesson Schedules tool hasn't been updated for some time and is kind of on a back burner.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

michaelnsmith

Postby michaelnsmith » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:07 pm

The FAQ section about this very topic on lds.org says they have plans to incorporate it into the app, however it is on the back burner and may push pretty far out.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:20 pm

michaelnsmith wrote:The FAQ section about this very topic on lds.org says they have plans to incorporate it into the app, however it is on the back burner and may push pretty far out.

Here's a link to that FAQ: Lesson Schedules FAQs; see the answer to the question "Can I access Lesson Schedules on a mobile or tablet device?"

bethwood77

Postby bethwood77 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:23 pm

I also hope it will be added into Gospel Library sometime. Once it is part of the app, there will be a lot more people that use it.

lmcguire

Postby lmcguire » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:57 am

bethwood77 wrote:I also hope it will be added into Gospel Library sometime. Once it is part of the app, there will be a lot more people that use it.

IMO, one simple way they could do this, since lesson schedules have a date next to them, would be to automatically create class appointments in LDS Tools on the appropriate calendar. If there's a room / location specified in the Lesson Schedules, they could use that, if not, they could add it and use it, or leave it off the appointment. I suspect this and the calendar could be tied in relatively easily. (But I recognize it probably won't happen in the next decade.)

Return to “Lesson Schedules”