Lesson Scheduling

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
1marquisstanley

Lesson Scheduling

Post by 1marquisstanley »

2013 I figured out how to do this and did it. Now 2014 and there is no group area for Relief Society. I am the Secretary. Have attached clip for before entering dates and after. What do I do to fix?? Thank you
Attachments
20140203 lesson tech questions.docx
pulled by Onenote saved as document
(189.04 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Lesson Scheduling

Post by jdlessley »

From the clips in the file you are in the right place - almost. On the menu line click the Administration menu item. Then you will be able to add the Relief Society class. After the class is set up then you must make it active before anyone other than administrators will see it.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
1marquisstanley

Thank you jdlessley. Think I need to explain better. From the first clip you can see there is a group for Relief Society and now there is only a group for Elders Quorum. So, when I put lessons up they list by each class not by year in Relief Society grouping. So the question is how do I make a group, file, folder, etc to enter lessons by year for Relief Society??
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

You are using terminology that does not fit with Lesson Schedules functionality. That is making it difficult to understand what you are attempting to do and what the issue is.

What you call a group is actually a class, if I understand what you are referring to correctly. In the first screen shot for the year 2013 the class for Relief Society exists because a class was added and made active. In the second screen shot for the year 2014 there is not a class for Relief Society. This could be because the class was either not added or it was not made active. Until the Administration menu item is selected it is not possible to tell which it is. Classes do not roll from one year into the next. Each year the classes for the ward have to be added and made active before they will appear on the Lesson Schedules main page.

There is only a class for Elders Quorum because only the Elders Quorum class has been added and made active for 2014.

What is unusual about the second screen shot is that someone has added five classes and named them after events. You will see that there are two General Conference classes, two Stake Conference classes, and one Ward Conference class. It looks as though someone thought they were adding events when in fact they added classes named after the events they wanted to add.

The Lesson Schedules Help provides instruction about adding classes and adding events. Just remember that only an administrator can add events. Organization presidency members can only add classes for their organization. They cannot add events.
1marquisstanley wrote:So, when I put lessons up they list by each class not by year in Relief Society grouping.
Each year a class must be added for Relief Society. When the class is added then the lessons for each Sunday of that calendar year can be edited. For now you should not be even concern yourself with the Relief Society class for 2013. You need to add the Relief Society class for 2014 following the instructions provided in the Lesson Schedules Help.
1marquisstanley wrote:So the question is how do I make a group, file, folder, etc to enter lessons by year for Relief Society??
There are no groups, files, or folders in which to enter lessons. Lessons are edited in the Admistration page after the class has been added. The instructions are found in the Lesson Schedules Help.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
1marquisstanley

Thank you for your help. I finally figured out that classes = organization ie: relief society, elders quorum, youth .... and once this is defined you just start adding lessons. You were helpful. Thanks again.
sk8willy1

Post by sk8willy1 »

I am EQ Pres and have added the class Elders quorum for 2014 in dec of 2013. It was there and is no longer available. when go into administration, it is there and I can clock active, but it will not "save' that setting. Also, all of my classes for 2nd and 3rd weeks are out of sorts, and I can fix them, but when I go to a different page and back, it will not keep the changes even after it says "changes saved" @ the top after it has been changed.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

sk8willy1 wrote:I am EQ Pres and have added the class Elders quorum for 2014 in dec of 2013. It was there and is no longer available. when go into administration, it is there and I can clock active, but it will not "save' that setting.
There were several issues with Lesson Schedules in late December and early January that have been fixed. Classes created before those issues were fixed may still have problems related to those fixed issues. I recommend deleting the class and adding it again from scratch. That may be a lot of work but the problems you are having now should not appear with a newly added class. It may be impossible to correct the problems you are having otherwise.
sk8willy1 wrote:Also, all of my classes for 2nd and 3rd weeks are out of sorts, and I can fix them, but when I go to a different page and back, it will not keep the changes even after it says "changes saved" @ the top after it has been changed.
You discussed this in the thread Lessons in wrong order. This is one of those issues that have been fixed. Because of this issue and the "active" issue I recommend deleting the class and adding it again from scratch.
JD Lessley
me.2.4.6

Post by me.2.4.6 »

We've got a newly called website administrator who was added to MLS a day ago, but still does not have access to the home page with the Events and Lessons buttons. Does anyone know how long that process takes? Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

me.2.4.6 wrote:but still does not have access to the home page with the Events and Lessons buttons.
Are you saying they can't even see the Lesson Scheduler, or that they can see it but can't find any admin functions?

All members of the ward should be able to see the Lesson Scheduler. If they can't, then their LDS Account is not set up properly.

If they just can't find the admin function, it may take a day or two for the rights to transfer, depending on what time of day the Send/Receive from MLS was done.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

me.2.4.6 wrote:We've got a newly called website administrator who was added to MLS a day ago, but still does not have access to the home page with the Events and Lessons buttons. Does anyone know how long that process takes? Thank you.
It looks like the calling didn't make it to church headquarters until the 23rd so they may have entered it into MLS and not done a Send/Receive. Anyway you should have rights now.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”