Lessons do not come in Language required

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool at lds.org.
peach31

Lessons do not come in Language required

Postby peach31 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:30 am

Dear Sirs,

I am the relief society president of a ward in Germany and was submitting the data for the classes of this year, which is also a first for me.
I like the way it all is set up, so one can just click on the name of the lesson and the lesson comes up. But unfortunately, even though I use the German speaking website, and the Liahona articles come up in German, the chapters of the manual come up only in English.

How can this be changed?

I thank you in advance for your answers.

Many greetings

Kirstin Dierolf

mevans

Re: Lessons do not come in Language required

Postby mevans » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:40 pm

The church just updated Lesson Schedules on January 2 and I believe that was supposed to make the lessons available in other languages, but, based on your experience, it doesn't seem to be working properly.

Which manual are you referring to? The Joseph Fielding Smith manual, or a different one?

I just checked the manual online and I can open it in German, so the problem isn't because it's not available. The problem is likely related to the data configuration for the Lesson Schedules too. There have been a few problems with the data this year.

Does the Lesson Schedules tool list the chapters in German, but when you click on them they open in English, or are the chapters listed in English.

One workaround you could for the upcoming few Sundays is choose a custom topic and put in the URL of the German chapter, such as this for Lesson 1:
https://www.lds.org/manual/teachings-of ... n?lang=deu

Don't do this for the entire year; it's just a suggestion for the upcoming Sunday or two. There should be a way to resolve this problem so the tool works correctly.

Let us know a few more specifics about what you see.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”