Lessons in wrong order

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
willisa

Re: Lessons in wrong order

Post by willisa »

Our ward's lessons were also mixed up in the same order described by others. I was glad that this discussion was here because my counselor thought it may have been ordered by the general church leaders rather than a technical glitch. We have fixed the lesson order manually.
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

rhigley

Post by rhigley »

I have seen these errors twice now. No other organization in my ward has made their classes for 2014 but I have had the same problems with reordering after updates to the lesson schedule. I am working on being a programmer, but I do not work for the church on these. i would agree there is a master lesson numbering that as an update goes in these are changed around. I never used the insert missing lessons when I fixed it the last time and have found it messed up, jumbled, again today. So I fixed each one without the insert missing function.
dkmax

Post by dkmax »

I, too, have seen the 3, 1, 2, 11, 9, 7, 4, 21 ... lesson sequence override my inputs. I noticed it on Dec 8 and Jan 10, None of the other classes were affected.

I had to re-input my lessons, but by now I am getting pretty quick at it.

I noticed a post about entering EQ, HP, and RS schedules separately. I just create a single Priesthood/Relief Society class, since the whole stake is following the identical class schedule.

I have tried to make lesson schedules for Primary and find that processto be very quirky. I have a choice of Pri Sharing Time, Pri Valiant, Pri CTR, Pri Sunbeam, and Nursery. I was able to set up four lesson schedules: Nursery, Primary 1: I am a Child of God, Primary 3: Choose the Right B, Primary 6: Old Testament, and Behold Your Little Ones: Nursery Manual. These were the only Primary manuals offered in the dropdown list.

Last evening, I got an email from the Stake President saying that our stake conference had shifted a week, so I set about changing the stake calendar and the ward lesson schedules (I only noticed the new "Some lessons may be missing due to newly created events. Insert missing lessons" this morning)

I deleted the Primary lessons and when I tried to recreate them, I ended up with Pri 1, Primary 2: Choose the Right B (instead of Pri 3), and Pri 6, plus the Nursery.

I would like to have all of the manuals available in the lesson schedules for parents to peruse and for substitute teachers to use, but that doesn't seem to be an option yet.

All in all, this year's experience is a step up from last year.
mevans

Post by mevans »

dkmax wrote:I noticed a post about entering EQ, HP, and RS schedules separately. I just create a single Priesthood/Relief Society class, since the whole stake is following the identical class schedule.
If your EQ, HP, and RS presidencies want to use the tool to track assigned instructors and/or the lesson on the first Sunday, then you'll need to create separate classes for each.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

I have had to make corrections at least 3 times, possibly 4 times, to the lesson schedules for my ward. It sure gets frustrating to have to keep changing it back to the way it needs to be. I have separate schedules for RS, EQ and HP, as they don't always have the same leadership lessons and sometimes they incorporate a lesson from the manual in with their 1st Sunday lesson. If this feature can't be fixed to where it works properly, then maybe it should be removed.
mevans

Post by mevans »

margiestroble wrote:I have had to make corrections at least 3 times, possibly 4 times, to the lesson schedules for my ward. It sure gets frustrating to have to keep changing it back to the way it needs to be. I have separate schedules for RS, EQ and HP, as they don't always have the same leadership lessons and sometimes they incorporate a lesson from the manual in with their 1st Sunday lesson. If this feature can't be fixed to where it works properly, then maybe it should be removed.
Have you needed to make corrections more than once after Jan 2, 2014? There was a release on Jan 2 that broke some things, but if you've fixed matters after then, I would expect that nothing has changed. If that's not the case, it would be good to know.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

As a matter of fact, I was given the new RS Lesson Schedule on Jan 2, and I updated it that day. Then yesterday, it was brought to my attention that it was wrong again, so I changed it again and then checked here to see if anyone had mentioned it and found this thread. I believe I made the changes in the late morning of Jan 2, but can't say what time exactly. What time was the new release made, do you know? Anyway, I hope it is all fixed now. Thanks for the response.

Just FYI, The first time I was entering the lessons for RS and PH, I noticed that the lessons for the lesson manual were not in order of 1, 2, 3, etc, and I had to scroll through the pull down list to get to which lesson I wanted to click on. I don't remember the date that was, but it was probably in December of 2013. Then later when I was going to add more to it, I noticed that the pull down options for the manual lessons were in proper order, but the ones I had entered were all out of order, so, I changed them. That happened another time too and I'm thinking maybe another time, but since I didn't write it down, it is hard to remember.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

margiestroble wrote:I made the changes in the late morning of Jan 2, but can't say what time exactly. What time was the new release made, do you know?
This thread started Jan 2, 12:20 PM MST. But it's not clear if that was due to the most recent change or an older one. The OP hasn't clarified what she saw.

Looks like you should have procrastinated. <grin>
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

I always try to make updates/changes as soon as I know about them, but in this case, I wish I had of procrastinated!!! LOL

Thanks for your response.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”