2014 Youth Curriculum Doesn't Work

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
mevans

2014 Youth Curriculum Doesn't Work

Post by mevans »

I'm trying to set up the curriculum for the youth classes for 2014. I can choose the manual (Come Follow Me, Learning Outlines) and press Save. It appears that everything is fine until I re-open the "Edit Class" and see that it won't let me save the manual. Whenever I go back in after saving, it's blank. This means that I can't select the lesson outlines for the weekly lessons.

What's the reason for the problem?
  • They're not done setting up the youth curriculum for 2014
  • There's a bug and someone needs to fix it and we don't know if they're aware of the problem yet
Since the 2014 youth curriculum is the same as 2013, I'm thinking it should work because it's already working in 2013. This makes me think it might be a problem someone doesn't know about yet.

Has anyone else been able to set up the 2014 youth classes yet?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: 2014 Youth Curriculum Doesn't Work

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to verify that you have the rights to make the changes. I seem to remember a prior bug where it appeared to let you change it, but something on the back end detected that the user didn't have the needed rights.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I'm an assistant ward clerk. I do have the rights. I've been setting up other classes whose curriculum is available.
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

Thanks for the report mevans. We've found the issue and will hopefully have a fix for it soon (hopefully within a week).
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

This should be fixed now.
mevans

Post by mevans »

mstauff wrote:This should be fixed now.
Just confirming, this is working now. Thanks.
sebown

Post by sebown »

We had created the 2014 youth lesson schedules before this problem was fixed. The only way I found to add all of the lessons for the whole year was to delete the existing lesson schedules and start over by creating new ones. All of the lessons loaded correctly into the new youth lesson schedules.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”