Entire lesson schedule gone

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool at lds.org.
subgenius
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:52 pm

Entire lesson schedule gone

Postby subgenius » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:57 pm

All year we (the EQP) have been using the lesson schedule to track everyone who has taught a lesson as well as the topics for 4th Sunday and any other of the "editable" features provided (this is the EQ lesson schedule).
Last week, we opened the schedule, as usual, in order to input the instructor for this upcoming Sunday's lesson...and to our surprise, and concern, the history of the schedule was gone...the default lessons are still present, but it as if all the entered information was deleted...all the 1st and 4th Sunday topics; instructors, etc...all gone.
We have been unable to discover the cause or a remedy.
any thoughts?

mevans
Senior Member
Posts: 1282
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 pm
Location: California, USA

Re: Entire lesson schedule gone

Postby mevans » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:41 pm

Did anyone go into Administration and save anything in the class? I've seen data loss, but believe it was fixed (see this post). I don't have time at the moment to set up a test class to confirm the problem was fixed, but they said it was getting fixed.

barbaralourivas
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:49 am

Re: Entire lesson schedule gone

Postby barbaralourivas » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:51 am

I am the new ward librarian and I also have the responsibility of compiling the Ward Buliten; I like to include a lesson schedule, but when I check the lesson schedules I want, nothing shows up. ie: I can't get a lesson schedule. Is there a fix for this?

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20764
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Entire lesson schedule gone

Postby russellhltn » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:07 am

barbaralourivas wrote:I am the new ward librarian and I also have the responsibility of compiling the Ward Buliten; I like to include a lesson schedule, but when I check the lesson schedules I want, nothing shows up. ie: I can't get a lesson schedule. Is there a fix for this?

Is the ward even using the lesson schedule? Most likely, they are not.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

mevans
Senior Member
Posts: 1282
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 pm
Location: California, USA

Re: Entire lesson schedule gone

Postby mevans » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:44 am

russellhltn wrote:
barbaralourivas wrote:I am the new ward librarian and I also have the responsibility of compiling the Ward Buliten; I like to include a lesson schedule, but when I check the lesson schedules I want, nothing shows up. ie: I can't get a lesson schedule. Is there a fix for this?

Is the ward even using the lesson schedule? Most likely, they are not.


What russellhltn means is that someone in your ward has to put information in the Lesson Schedule tool in order for ward members to see anything. This is a great opportunity for you to work with your ward leaders to use this new tool. Since the library is under Sunday School, you might start with the Sunday School president and get him interested in using the tool. If people in your ward need help getting started using the tool, look at the online help and in the forum here. If you need help, just post a new topic.

subgenius
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: Entire lesson schedule gone

Postby subgenius » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:07 pm

mevans wrote:Did anyone go into Administration and save anything in the class? I've seen data loss, but believe it was fixed (see this post). I don't have time at the moment to set up a test class to confirm the problem was fixed, but they said it was getting fixed.

thanks for the response but while we were pleased to utilize the lesson schedule provided by LDS.org, and promoted its use, we are hesitant to utilize it again - as are those that we convinced to use it in lieu of their reluctance.
thanks and good luck!

mevans
Senior Member
Posts: 1282
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 pm
Location: California, USA

Re: Entire lesson schedule gone

Postby mevans » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:43 pm

subgenius wrote:
mevans wrote:Did anyone go into Administration and save anything in the class? I've seen data loss, but believe it was fixed (see this post). I don't have time at the moment to set up a test class to confirm the problem was fixed, but they said it was getting fixed.

thanks for the response but while we were pleased to utilize the lesson schedule provided by LDS.org, and promoted its use, we are hesitant to utilize it again - as are those that we convinced to use it in lieu of their reluctance.
thanks and good luck!


Don't give up on the tool. Get inspired from Uctdorf's talk from October conference about falling when skiing. Pick yourself up again and keep at it. I'm sorry you had a problem. If you have any ideas about what caused the problem, that would be helpful, but it sounds like you don't. Really, the tool has been working pretty well now and I have others in my ward helping to edit things now, too.


Return to “Lesson Schedules”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest