Entire lesson schedule gone

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
subgenius

Entire lesson schedule gone

Post by subgenius »

All year we (the EQP) have been using the lesson schedule to track everyone who has taught a lesson as well as the topics for 4th Sunday and any other of the "editable" features provided (this is the EQ lesson schedule).
Last week, we opened the schedule, as usual, in order to input the instructor for this upcoming Sunday's lesson...and to our surprise, and concern, the history of the schedule was gone...the default lessons are still present, but it as if all the entered information was deleted...all the 1st and 4th Sunday topics; instructors, etc...all gone.
We have been unable to discover the cause or a remedy.
any thoughts?
mevans

Re: Entire lesson schedule gone

Post by mevans »

Did anyone go into Administration and save anything in the class? I've seen data loss, but believe it was fixed (see this post). I don't have time at the moment to set up a test class to confirm the problem was fixed, but they said it was getting fixed.
barbaralourivas

Post by barbaralourivas »

I am the new ward librarian and I also have the responsibility of compiling the Ward Buliten; I like to include a lesson schedule, but when I check the lesson schedules I want, nothing shows up. ie: I can't get a lesson schedule. Is there a fix for this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

barbaralourivas wrote:I am the new ward librarian and I also have the responsibility of compiling the Ward Buliten; I like to include a lesson schedule, but when I check the lesson schedules I want, nothing shows up. ie: I can't get a lesson schedule. Is there a fix for this?
Is the ward even using the lesson schedule? Most likely, they are not.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

russellhltn wrote:
barbaralourivas wrote:I am the new ward librarian and I also have the responsibility of compiling the Ward Buliten; I like to include a lesson schedule, but when I check the lesson schedules I want, nothing shows up. ie: I can't get a lesson schedule. Is there a fix for this?
Is the ward even using the lesson schedule? Most likely, they are not.
What russellhltn means is that someone in your ward has to put information in the Lesson Schedule tool in order for ward members to see anything. This is a great opportunity for you to work with your ward leaders to use this new tool. Since the library is under Sunday School, you might start with the Sunday School president and get him interested in using the tool. If people in your ward need help getting started using the tool, look at the online help and in the forum here. If you need help, just post a new topic.
subgenius

Post by subgenius »

mevans wrote:Did anyone go into Administration and save anything in the class? I've seen data loss, but believe it was fixed (see this post). I don't have time at the moment to set up a test class to confirm the problem was fixed, but they said it was getting fixed.
thanks for the response but while we were pleased to utilize the lesson schedule provided by LDS.org, and promoted its use, we are hesitant to utilize it again - as are those that we convinced to use it in lieu of their reluctance.
thanks and good luck!
mevans

Post by mevans »

subgenius wrote:
mevans wrote:Did anyone go into Administration and save anything in the class? I've seen data loss, but believe it was fixed (see this post). I don't have time at the moment to set up a test class to confirm the problem was fixed, but they said it was getting fixed.
thanks for the response but while we were pleased to utilize the lesson schedule provided by LDS.org, and promoted its use, we are hesitant to utilize it again - as are those that we convinced to use it in lieu of their reluctance.
thanks and good luck!
Don't give up on the tool. Get inspired from Uctdorf's talk from October conference about falling when skiing. Pick yourself up again and keep at it. I'm sorry you had a problem. If you have any ideas about what caused the problem, that would be helpful, but it sounds like you don't. Really, the tool has been working pretty well now and I have others in my ward helping to edit things now, too.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”