Be able to add Lesson Schedules to Main Calendar

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
mihaere

Be able to add Lesson Schedules to Main Calendar

Post by mihaere »

It would be useful if the lesson schedules were able to be merged into the main calendar. This way we would have one place to go for all Unit activities.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Be able to add Lesson Schedules to Main Calendar

Post by russellhltn »

As long as it was a separate layer that I could unsubscribe from. I'd rather have it in my Gospel Library app.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I, too, would rather have it in Gospel Library.

I'm not sure how you'd like to see it in the Calendar. Does your unit schedule individual classes on the calendar? For example are there separate schedules for each class, like this:
10:20 - 11:00, Cultural Hall, Adult Gospel Doctrine
10:20 - 11:00, Room 5, Course 12
10:20 - 11:00, Room 8, Course 13
etc.?

If classes were scheduled like this, I see value in being able to easily add Lesson Schedule information to each class description. I would think that maybe a calendar item allows me to associate a lesson with booking a room (lesson schedules currently only support Sundays so mid-week activities like mutual, cub scouts, night Relief Society, etc. wouldn't be able to have lesson schedule info). Even then, I'd still like to have it in Gospel Library.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mevans wrote:Does your unit schedule individual classes on the calendar? For example are there separate schedules for each class, like this:
10:20 - 11:00, Cultural Hall, Adult Gospel Doctrine
10:20 - 11:00, Room 5, Course 12
10:20 - 11:00, Room 8, Course 13
etc.?
Mine doesn't. And I'm just as glad. I wouldn't want that on the general ward calendar-too much clutter on Sundays. It would end up crowding out Firesides.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”