Setting up Lesson Schedule

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
llyerly

Setting up Lesson Schedule

Post by llyerly »

I am a newly called Branch President in the British Virgin Islands. I signed into lds.org, clicked on TOOLS, then LESSON SCHEDULE. I then tried creating EVENTS prior to entering lessons for Quorums and Auxiliaries. I clicked on HELP, then SETTING UP LESSON SCHEDULES, then expanded the topic +ADD EVENTS. The first step says "From the home page, click Events." And that was the beginning of the problem.......there is no drop down menu or selection option entitled "EVENTS". The only options available are those that originally came up on the lds.org login page. Namely, "Scriptures", "Teachings", "Resources", and "News". So how do I proceed from here????
eblood66

Re: Setting up Lesson Schedule

Post by eblood66 »

llyerly wrote:I am a newly called Branch President in the British Virgin Islands. I signed into lds.org, clicked on TOOLS, then LESSON SCHEDULE. I then tried creating EVENTS prior to entering lessons for Quorums and Auxiliaries. I clicked on HELP, then SETTING UP LESSON SCHEDULES, then expanded the topic +ADD EVENTS. The first step says "From the home page, click Events." And that was the beginning of the problem.......there is no drop down menu or selection option entitled "EVENTS". The only options available are those that originally came up on the lds.org login page. Namely, "Scriptures", "Teachings", "Resources", and "News". So how do I proceed from here????
After you select Tools and then Lesson Schedule you should see an Events link (as well as an Administration link) on the right side next to the Help button.
lessonschedulesactions.jpg
lessonschedulesactions.jpg (8.58 KiB) Viewed 661 times
If you don't see that then perhaps your calling is not listed correctly in CDOL. Go to https://cdol.lds.org and search for your branch. If it says you don't have any rights or if it doesn't show you as the branch president then you need to contact your stake or district and make sure they have properly submitted your name.

Note that if you were just barely called this last Sunday it may take a day or so more before CDOL is updated and you have all your new permissions. In that case, just try again later.
mevans

Re: Setting up Lesson Schedule

Post by mevans »

llyerly wrote:"From the home page, click Events." And that was the beginning of the problem.......there is no drop down menu or selection option entitled "EVENTS". The only options available are those that originally came up on the lds.org login page. Namely, "Scriptures", "Teachings", "Resources", and "News". So how do I proceed from here????
Make sure you aren't confused by what "home page" means here. They are referring to the home page of Lesson Schedules (lds.org/lesson), not the home page of lds.org.

The screen shot posted by eblood66 shows the menus you should see when you log in.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”