Instructors in Printout

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
valdez5

Instructors in Printout

Post by valdez5 »

Question:

When I try to print out the lesson schedule none of the instructors are visible. All that is present is the notation "unspecified" and the lessons from the manual. Am I doing something wrong or is there no way to see that information?

-- Joshua
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Instructors in Printout

Post by jdlessley »

The current print feature only lists scheduled lessons. It does not include instructors.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
HodgkinJT

Post by HodgkinJT »

The instructor use to be in the print out. I used this to keep the teaching schedule clear for the instructors. Can we get that back? I've been pushing the use of this app in my ward and this was a major selling point. Please help!
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

You can still use the browser print to get a printout with the instructor names. It likely will not be formatted as nicely, but it will include the instructor names.
akw52

Lesson schedules printing - no instructor visible

Post by akw52 »

I've set up the lesson schedules for our YW lessons in our ward. I have assigned instructors all the way through December, yet when I print, the instructors don't show up, only the lessons. No matter how many times or various ways I try to print the instructors are never visible. I want to print it out so that all YW leaders know which Sunday they are teaching. Help?

Thanks,
Katherine
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Moderator note

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: The previous post was merged with this thread because the topics are the same.]

The feature to include instructors in the printout is still not available. It is planned for some future release. We do not know when that will be.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
geekiemommie

Print Lesson Schedules - with teachers name?

Post by geekiemommie »

Hello:

I know you can print the lesson schedules, which is great, but is there a way to have the teachers name, that is assigned to teach, printed with it?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Moderator note

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: The previous post was merged with this thread because the topics are the same.]

The feature to include instructors in the printout is still not available. It is planned for some future release. We do not know when that will be.
JD Lessley
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

Thanks for the response! I'll just do a browser print out for now :)
tubaloth

Post by tubaloth »

I tried to use the online Lesson Schedule thing this last year. But the two teaches we had assigned (and for the most part even the rest of the Elders Quorum Presidency) Aren't really into logging onto LDS.org.
I also would like the teaches name printed on the list. They haven't been using the online stuff, I hope next year to just have a print out for everybody.

I guess a separate thing is to pull this lesson info into the LDS tools app. I think people would be more willing to check the app to see what lesson we are on (and who is teaching) then going online. I think adding the lesson schedule to the LDS tool app would be nice.

Probably a little more work would be to add some reminder e-mail system for the teachers. I know its a simple thing in theory. I know each teacher would have to set it up if they wanted to be reminded of a lesson (and how many days before hand). I guess I think setting that up would be nice. Maybe even have an option to send a copy of the reminder e-mail to somebody else like a Presidency Member. The problem is nowadays text messaging seems to get more attention than e-mail. I don't know if to send a text reminder?

Maybe could just set up something in the LDS tool app that does some type of notification on the phone. Again the user would have to tell the App that they want to be reminded about certain lessons.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”