Lesson Schedule in Calendar

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
mevans

Re: Lesson Schedule in Calendar

Post by mevans »

There are many conversations about this. I believe the main thing you're interested in is getting Lesson Schedules on a mobile device, correct?

Note that it's been proposed to add it to the Calendar, to Gospel Library, and to LDS Tools. I don't really know what's the best approach, in the event anything ever happens, but there does seem to be a lot of interest in getting a mobile solution (beyond pointing your mobile browser to the web app).

I was going to try posting links to some other articles on the topic, but after searching there seem to be more than I realized. Some of them are in the mobile forums and others are in the Lesson Schedules forum.
Tgvphoto

Post by Tgvphoto »

Gary_Miller wrote: There is not much navigating through a website to find "Lesson schedules" it right on the main log in drop down list, just three choice below the calendar.
Tgvphoto wrote: the Sunday School President and I find it a schlep to go to the lesson schedules . . . no wonder most class members couldnt be bothered finding out what the reading is for each lesson.
If they really wanted to know they would find its quite easy to get to. I think the biggest problem is lack of the general membership even knowing its available.
Tgvphoto wrote:It would be great if it worked with the calendar and linked directly to the gospel library app when the lesson material is selected.
After giving this much though, I still think it would put to much garbage on the calendar.

But would be an excellent addition to the LDS Tools app, even better if it could link to the Gospel Library app.
I didnt mean to sound disinterested in finding out what the lesson material is. Just from personal experience . . . if I have to log onto the web just for lesson material Ill seldom get there . . . whereas Im already looking at the calendar on my ipad for my appointments and schedules so at a quick glance I see sundays requirements too.

Also when I do think about Sunday's reading Im usually in bed doing my personal study and by that time Im no where near a computer or the internet . . . except on my ipad .. . thus it would be great if all your info is in one place rather than having to log onto the web to access certain info.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Each of the LDS.org tools are separate applications. Integrating them into one application would require yet another application. The closest to having them in one place is the LDS.org Tools menu for now.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Lesson Schedules”