"Service Error Detected" Recvd when Trying to Delete Events

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
jamespnash

"Service Error Detected" Recvd when Trying to Delete Events

Post by jamespnash »

Receive "Service error detected. The session may have timed out." when trying to delete Events. (note: same error as when trying to delete classes). I serve as the ward clerk, using Windows 7 and IE9.
hollywelch

Re: "Service Error Detected" Recvd when Trying to Delete Eve

Post by hollywelch »

I'm having the same problem. It is exactly like the problem that is happening when trying to delete classes. The problem occurred for me using my iPad with Safari and on my MAC (OSX 10.8.2) using both Firefox and Chrome and OS.

In addition, when I edited an event (I changed the date of that event) the change did occur but on the original date the lesson schedule now says lesson "not specified" rather than putting the original lesson back. I don't know if that will work itself out when I delete the class and add it back in so the lessons will flow around the events since we still can't delete classes yet.
lavere34

Post by lavere34 »

More of the "Service error detected." What can I do?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

hollywelch wrote:In addition, when I edited an event (I changed the date of that event) the change did occur but on the original date the lesson schedule now says lesson "not specified" rather than putting the original lesson back. I don't know if that will work itself out when I delete the class and add it back in so the lessons will flow around the events since we still can't delete classes yet.
This is a different topic and a separate issue. My response is in the thread "Edited event and affect on lessons" so as to not fork this thread.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

Courses can now be deleted. Try again, you should be able to delete events as well.
alan.richardson

Post by alan.richardson »

Same response (Service Error Detected . . . ) but I'm getting it when adding a URL to the lesson's page. May be caused by trying to insert a link for a SECOND conference talk in either the URL or another field. It just won't permit (as presently designed) the second link. One General Authority at a time please? :)

Return to “Lesson Schedules”