New Youth Curriculum "Come Follow Me" Implimentation To Lesson Schedule Tool

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
smithauthnell

New Youth Curriculum "Come Follow Me" Implimentation To Lesson Schedule Tool

Post by smithauthnell »

The new 'Come Follow Me' curriculum for the LDS youth at http://www.lds.org/youth/learn is really open as far as scheduling. The use of any lesson outline may be determined by the needs of the youth while maintaining a particular main core doctrine emphasis for any given month. Hence, the curriculum does not follow any predetermined order.

Herein lies a slight issue for the lesson scheduler tool as by default, it currently will automatically feed each Sunday lesson with the next lesson in sequence. Will each Sunday lesson be 'open' in the future or assigned an 'empty' value in 2013 when the 'Come Follow Me' curriculum is official implemented?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

smithauthnell wrote:Will each Sunday lesson be 'open' in the future or assigned an 'empty' value in 2013 when the 'Come Follow Me' curriculum is official implemented?
Until we see the update to Lesson Schedules for 2013 it is hard to tell. I am sure there are a quite a few adult youth leaders, adult instructors, and youth leaders that would like to know how the youth curriculum is going to be handled in Lesson Schedules. Speculating now as to how Lesson Schedules is going to address the new youth curriculum is fruitless, in my opinion.

If I were responsible for teaching a class I would follow the guidance given and do my planning without concern for how Lesson Schedules is going to facilitate the possible options. Regardless of how the youth curriculum is implemented in Lesson Schedules, I am expecting more need for weekly edits to the next Sunday lesson rather than just setting up the schedule once before the year begins.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

We are currently working on Lesson Schedules for 2013 and taking into account the "free form" aspect of the new youth curriculum.
QA Engineer

Return to “Lesson Schedules”