Error when trying to delete course

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

I appreciate your patience. Even when I log in as someone else using their header information I can't duplicate the problem. I am working with our IT staff to see if there's something wrong on the server side of things. Thanks again.
QA Engineer
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

One question: when this happens are you using a PC or are you going through a mobile device to hit the web page for Lesson? Thanks.
QA Engineer
mdturner

Post by mdturner »

I'm using a Linux computer. It sounds like ESScott117 is using a Windows box.
Tazman1976

Error in header when deleting classes

Post by Tazman1976 »

Here is the header that appers when trying to delete a class hope this helps.

https://www.lds.org/lesson/#admin
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Tazman1976 wrote:Here is the header that appers when trying to delete a class hope this helps.

https://www.lds.org/lesson/#admin
What the developers need is the header, not the URL (what you supplied is simply the URL, which doesn't give the developers any useful information). If you'd like to help, follow the instructions in this post to send your personal header information by private message to LisaAn, who is a Church employee. Please note that you should never post your personal header information publicly, since it contains personal information about you -- only send it to actual Church employees (you can identify them by the badge that appears under their username on each post they make).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
rharwood

Post by rharwood »

I am having the same problem. I am the ward clerk and I am allowed to update the lesson schedules; however, when I try to delete a class, I get the same error "Service error detected. The session may have timed out."
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I've been able to duplicate the problem.
  1. Logged on to LDS.org.
  2. Opened the Lesson Schedules site by clicking Lesson Schedules in the Tools menu.
  3. Clicked "Manage Class Schedules" on the Lesson Schedules page.
  4. Clicked the X in the "Delete" column for a class.
  5. Clicked "OK" on the popup that states "Deleting this course will delete all lessons associated with this course. Click 'OK' to continue or 'Cancel' to cancel the request."
  6. Class is removed from the list as the popup with the message "Service error detected. The session may have timed out." appears.
    Firebug reports "NetworkError: 501 Not Implemented - https//www.lds.org/lesson/services/[unit #]/courses/21006" only while error message is displayed.
  7. Click "OK" for the error message popup.
    Firebug error message no longer displayed on console.
  8. Lesson Schedules page reloads with class reinstated as it was.
My system is Windows XP SP3 using Firefox 15.0.1

Header sent to LisaAn.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

I'm working on this problem right now. I believe it has something to do with the servers because it doesn't appear to happen to any particular type of user or for a particular type of class. Thanks for your patience as we work through this issue.
QA Engineer
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

I've sent all this information to our IT group that controls the Lesson Schedules servers to see if we can figure out why users are timing out while in Lesson Schedules. Thanks again for your patience.
QA Engineer
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

What browser is everbody using?

Post by lisaan »

We think this problem might be related to what browser you're running and how that browser is setup. If you're running Safari or something less than IE9 try it again with Firefox and see if this fixes the problem. Let us know what happens.
Thanks,
LisaAn
QA Engineer

Return to “Lesson Schedules”