Rearrange the Order of the Class List

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
harrismatt

Rearrange the Order of the Class List

Post by harrismatt »

This is a minor thing, but for user friendliness it would be nice to be able to rearrange the order of the Class List (as displayed on the right of the lesson schedule) after they are created rather than only listing them in the order they are created. That way I can move the prominent ones to the top of the list and move less relevant ones to the bottom without having to delete and recreate all of the classes to get them in the order I want.

For example, if the first part of the year we have a Family History class, followed by a Marriage and Family Relations class, when the change took place, it would be nice to move the Marriage and Family Relations class up and move the Family History Class to the bottom of the list. Or, if I created the Primary classes first, then the RS or priesthood classes, all the primary classes would be listed at the top, but most of the users accessing the site would be adults selecting classes from the RS or priesthood.
failproof

Post by failproof »

I'm not certain that an administrator setting the sort order is ideal since individual users may have a different preference. I do think, however, at the very least, the list of classes, in multiple locations on the lesson schedules page should be sorted alphabetically rather than in creation order. In the main lesson schedules view on both the list that you have selected as an individual viewer, and the list of available classes you can select to view, and on the manage lesson schedules list.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Thanks for the thoughts about ordering the classes in Lesson Schedules. I've created a ticket to put this on the list for consideration for a future release of Lesson Schedules. Thanks again.
QA Engineer
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

This is a feature I was wishing I had when adding some classes after the first few were made. I would like to be able to arrange the classes other than in just the order of creation.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

We did a bit of research on this issue. When you add a course, it shows up at the bottom of the list. When you refresh the page, it should show up in a predetermined order based on whether it's active, then based on the list of auxiliaries [font=&quot](HP, EQ, RS, YM, YW, SS, PR) then by title. Thanks.
[/font]
QA Engineer

Return to “Lesson Schedules”