Problems with events

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
mdturner

Problems with events

Post by mdturner »

I'm a ward sunday school president. I can create events, but they don't seem to be saved between sessions, and they don't affect the lesson schedules.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mdturner wrote:I'm a ward sunday school president. I can create events, but they don't seem to be saved between sessions, and they don't affect the lesson schedules.
I don't know why your events would not seem to be saved between sessions -- events I create are indeed saved. But it's by design that they don't affect existing lesson schedules. See the big Note in the help article on Adding events to Lesson Schedules.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mdturner wrote:I'm a ward sunday school president. I can create events, but they don't seem to be saved between sessions, and they don't affect the lesson schedules.
Only administrators can create events. Administrators are bishoprics, clerks, executive secretaries, and ward website administrators. Organization presidents and presidencies are not administrators. Organization leaders have administrative rights to create classes for their organization. You may be getting a false indication that you are creating an event. But unless you are an administrator, the event will not be saved.

It may be a program bug that gives you the appearance of being able to create an event.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

I was able to reproduce this problem in our test environment and logged it as a bug. jdlessley is correct in that only administrators should be able to create events.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

This issue has been fixed. Only ward level administrators should be able to create events now.l
bchogan

Stake Sunday School President

Post by bchogan »

Under the Administrative rights section it appears that as the stake sunday school president I should have admin rights within my own individual ward. However when i go to add an event, nothing happens when I click on the +Events button. Is this a rights issue?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bchogan wrote:Under the Administrative rights section it appears that as the stake sunday school president I should have admin rights within my own individual ward. However when i go to add an event, nothing happens when I click on the +Events button. Is this a rights issue?
A Sunday School president has permissions to organize classes, but not to administer events. See the Administrators help page.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

bchogan wrote:Under the Administrative rights section it appears that as the stake sunday school president I should have admin rights within my own individual ward.
While the wiki article Administrators (Lesson Schedules) states that "stake leaders and clerks have administrative rights for their own ward", the definition of a stake leader is not specified. I would assume that the definition provided for wards could be translated into the corresponding stake positions. Therefore, stake leaders would be the stake presidency, clerks, executive secretaries, and stake website administrators. Unfortunately "stake leaders" may not include stake auxiliary presidencies. Your experience may be a case in point.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
bchogan

Post by bchogan »

I wondered if that might be the case. you must be right - Thank you.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

I just double checked how these stake callings are handled in the app and found some inconsistencies. There are a few bugs associated with the administrative functionality given to users that have stake callings like stake sunday school president or relief society president. I've logged those bugs and we'll get the functionality straightened out in a future release.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”