Newsletter "More" button

The Newsletter application will eventually appear alongside Calendar, Directory, and Maps
MartinLM

Newsletter "More" button

Post by MartinLM »

What happened to the "More" button on the Newsletter? It has disappeared. We need that back!!
1. How will anyone ever figure out they have to click on the title of the article to view the rest of the article?
2. And if they do manage that, how will they figure out how to get back to the main page?
3. And how will they even know there IS more?
4. Also, if one wants to save as a pdf file or to print, there is no way to print a whole "page" without the "More" button!
5. AND it's frustrating have the sentence truncated in the middle of a word! Can't you at least finish a line? If not that, then at least complete the word!

PLEASE fix this!! It was working so well. Thanks for your help!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Newsletter "More" button

Post by jdlessley »

I just checked and the "More" link is there for articles needing it. I am using Firefox 18.0.2. What browser are you using? Did you try any other browsers?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Newsletter "More" button

Post by aebrown »

I too still see the More button (it's a link, actually) wherever it is needed. I tested on Firefox 18.0.2, Chrome, and IE9.

One option you might want to be aware of is that clicking on the article's title does allow you to see the entire article. It's different from the More option, in that you will then be taken to a page that shows only that single article, as opposed to the entire article in the original page (which may contain multiple articles depending on how you got there). But it will always show the whole article.

Return to “Beta Newsletter”