Roles vs. Categories

The Newsletter application will eventually appear alongside Calendar, Directory, and Maps
accampbell

Roles vs. Categories

Post by accampbell »

First off, I believe this is a great resource. Can Users be assigned to Only have access to a specific category? I wouldn't want someone to accidentally post their article in the wrong place. For example a Relief Society article getting posted under Bishopric. Thoughts?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

accampbell wrote:Can Users be assigned to Only have access to a specific category?
Not currently. Publishers can publish in one or more categories. There is no way to restrict which category a publisher can publish in.
accampbell wrote:I wouldn't want someone to accidentally post their article in the wrong place. For example a Relief Society article getting posted under Bishopric.
While that may happen, it is unlikely since a publisher must type in the name of the category for the articles to appear in. There is little chance for a publisher to erroneously or accidentally select an inappropriate category. Iit is a good idea, however, for administrators to routinely review the newsletter and manage the articles if published in inappropriate categories.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

accampbell wrote:First off, I believe this is a great resource. Can Users be assigned to Only have access to a specific category? I wouldn't want someone to accidentally post their article in the wrong place. For example a Relief Society article getting posted under Bishopric. Thoughts?
This same suggestion was discussed in the thread Allow Publishing Permission by Category.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Beta Newsletter”