Picture Capabilities

The Newsletter application will eventually appear alongside Calendar, Directory, and Maps
shedengren

Picture Capabilities

Post by shedengren »

I would love to use the newsletter to keep people caught up on the everyday things like people being baptized, married, passing away - also, things like girls camp, ward activities, etc. Is there a plan to be able to incorporate pictures? I know you can attach things, but I'd love to be able to include pictures that would be visible on the page (like a blog). (And if this feature already exists, kindly instruct me how to use it.)

Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

This can indeed already be done. See Adding images in the help system for detailed instructions. It has limited options for sizing, and can only left-align images at this point. But you can indeed incorporate pictures.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
shedengren

Post by shedengren »

Excellent, thanks. I'll try it out.

One more question, if I go back and edit an older entry, is there a way to keep it where it was in the list instead of moving to the top?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

shedengren wrote:One more question, if I go back and edit an older entry, is there a way to keep it where it was in the list instead of moving to the top?

I raised this very issue here. Unfortunately, it still works that way -- it sorts by the date the entry was last modified, not by the date it was created.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
AileneRHerrick

Not in Safari...

Post by AileneRHerrick »

The picture upload button does not appear in the Safari Browser (but it appears in Firefox).

An ability to attach photos (and have thumbnail previews for those attachments) would be wonderful!
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

I also do not see an "add picture" icon using Safari on a Mac nor using Internet Explorer on a Windows XP system. What's up?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Moderator note: Newsletter is no longer in beta. The developers will be looking for issues and feedback in the Newsletter forum instead of the Beta Newsletter forum. See this post.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Beta Newsletter”