Allow HTML options for news and information articles

The Newsletter application will eventually appear alongside Calendar, Directory, and Maps

Allow HTML options for news and information articles

Postby dstorry » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:34 pm

I was just trying to use basic HTML code while editing or creating the news and information at both Stake and ward level and cannot get the system to acknowledge any of the basic HTML codes we used to use in classic website.

Will this be an option that will be allowed in a future update?????

Postby AileneRHerrick » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:11 pm

I would like to see this feature too. The newsletter does not put the line breaks where I want them and will only create new paragraphs. That could easily be remedied for me if I were able to use some basic HTML.

Postby dr_computer » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:57 pm

I would too. When copying a list the document runs lists together in a string after a paste and requires a return to separate each one. Block Quote would help this so the list read the same as the original copy.

Postby johnshaw » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:38 pm

I would love the ability to embed a google form as well

Add a Welcome Message faq has some useable html tags

Postby rb_bolin » Sun May 06, 2012 1:21 pm

The following link has faqs about html for “Step 5: Add a Welcome Message”. These tags seem to work in news and information pages.,8861,989-1-5-528153,00.html?&ParentSiteId=582#ward11

This has some basic html formats that will work. It also states” You can find other common commands by searching the Internet for "Basic html tags."
[font="] [/font]
[font="]It was using that search that I came to this thread. Perhaps someone knows what [/font]"Basic html tags." are. I assumed it was HTML 3 but most tags do not work. There are also some basic differences in the way white spaces are used. For example, all blank lines are ignored in HTML and only
or <p> will break text. On the pages, they will result in breaks.

Return to “Beta Newsletter”