Descenders Cut Off

Beta Lesson Schedules Website feedback
mevans

Descenders Cut Off

Post by mevans »

Characters that descend below the baseline in the roman alphabet (thinks like g, j, y) are cut off.

This is nothing new and is a problem with most tools on LDS.org, so I'm not sure this is the place to report it. I observe it on both Macs and Windows.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mevans wrote:Characters that descend below the baseline in the roman alphabet (thinks like g, j, y) are cut off.

This is nothing new and is a problem with most tools on LDS.org, so I'm not sure this is the place to report it. I observe it on both Macs and Windows.
Can you give a specific example and/or screen shot? I have looked all over the beta Lesson Schedules and can't find a single example of this happening (I'm on Win7, and I tried multiple browsers).

In your earlier post on this topic (Bug: descenders being cut off on lesson names) you said it happened on Mac but not Windows. Has that changed so that it now happens on Windows?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

We've seen this on the Mac in Safari and Chrome. I don't see it as much in Windows 7 with Firefox. It's logged as an issue for fixing in a future version of Lesson (reference 430).
QA Engineer
mevans

Post by mevans »

Here are screenshots from Windows 7 browsers showing the problem. IE9 works fine.
Windows Descenders Lesson Schedules.pdf
(129.08 KiB) Downloaded 845 times
Let me know if you want screenshots from a Mac. I probably won't be able to do that until Friday evening or the weekend.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What is the Zoom in IE9 set to? What happens if you press Ctrl-0 (Ctrl-zero)?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

The Zoom was at 100% when it looked fine. If I go to 200% or above in IE I can see that the very bottom of the "g" is cut off. So it might actually be cut off at 100%, but it's small enough that I didn't notice. I zoomed in with the Magnifier to see what the pixels look like at 100%. The descender of the "g" is fully formed. If anything is cut off, it would just be smoothing pixels.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

This has been fixed and will be in the next version of Lesson that is deployed.
QA Engineer

Return to “Beta Lesson Schedules”