Why are ages still shown for youth Sunday School classes?

Beta Lesson Schedules Website feedback
mevans

Why are ages still shown for youth Sunday School classes?

Post by mevans »

When you add or edit a class and choose Sunday School, you get the radio buttons to select Sunday School Adult, Sunday School 14-18, and Sunday School 12-13.

When you select the youth classes, you then get to select
Sunday School 14-18 Learning Outlines or
Sunday School 12-13 Learning Outlines

I haven't been trained on the new youth curriculum, but as near as I can tell, there are not differences between 12-13 and 14-18 for the Sunday School curriculum. Therefore, I'm wondering why it's set up this way. Of course, in the original Lesson Schedules for 2012, I didn't understand why these radio buttons existed and someone from the church confirmed they had no function associated with them, but that they may be used for something in the future.

My take on the matter would be to get rid of the radio buttons entirely and just show Youth Learning Outlines on the manuals. If you want to keep the radio buttons, I suggest just "Sunday School Adult" and "Sunday School Youth".
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

I've forwarded your question on to see if we can get an answer. I do know that Lesson is dependent on another group and service for that information so it's pretty much stuck with whatever it's given.
QA Engineer
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mevans wrote:I haven't been trained on the new youth curriculum, but as near as I can tell, there are not differences between 12-13 and 14-18 for the Sunday School curriculum.

This is probably because the current curriculum had the SS 12 and 13 classes alternate between Presidents of the Church and Principles of Exaltation, then SS 14-18 moved into the curriculum the adults were studying.

You are correct that all of the youth, including 12-13 through -18, now study the same new curriculum, so the distinction is no longer needed under the new 2013 curriculum guidelines.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Here's the answer from development: 'The manuals were grouped this way in the gospel library service. We know it may not be needed going forward but we're not going to change it at this point.' (Reference 405).
QA Engineer

Return to “Beta Lesson Schedules”