Beta jams up in IE9

Beta Lesson Schedules Website feedback
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Beta jams up in IE9

Post by russellhltn »

Not sure why, but I found that clicking the beta link in IE9 takes me to a message "Only secure content displayed" but I can't get to to work after that.

If I open a new IE window, then I can get it to work - but then I run IE with the " -nomerge" switch which makes my IE windows independent. (And sends me to the login screen) As such, I think there's some kind of conflict between being logged into the forum and rclesson. The "Only secure content" message still comes up, but at least now when I click "show all content" things work normally.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Thanks for reporting this. I'm going to check with IT and see if they know what's going on.
QA Engineer
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

I'm running both the forum and the lesson beta and not having any problem.
QA Engineer
iamrkh

Post by iamrkh »

RussellHltn wrote:Not sure why, but I found that clicking the beta link in IE9 takes me to a message "Only secure content displayed" but I can't get to to work after that.

If I open a new IE window, then I can get it to work - but then I run IE with the " -nomerge" switch which makes my IE windows independent. (And sends me to the login screen) As such, I think there's some kind of conflict between being logged into the forum and rclesson. The "Only secure content" message still comes up, but at least now when I click "show all content" things work normally.
I'm having a similar problem with IE8. When I attempt to access the link, I receive a message indicating that the browser is unable to open the site and "Operation aborted."
mevans

Post by mevans »

Versions of IE prior to 9 aren't officially supported by the church.
See Recommended Browsers for LDS.org.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

I've found that running only Lesson in IE9 is working fine; opening another browser window - not so good.
QA Engineer
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Another window or another tab? When using a link it opens (or tries to) in another tab. Another window works for me, but then I have that isolation switch.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Beta Lesson Schedules”