Instructor Field

Beta Lesson Schedules Website feedback
james34

Post by james34 »

I agree that we need multiple instructors for team taught classes.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

ggconrad wrote:I'm from a small singles ward and, as such, some of our instructors are out-of-unit members (members of the Bishopric and their wives). It would, therefore, be very helpful and much-appreciated if there was some way to add an out-of-unit instructor to classes.
Interesting. I tried adding a name of someone who was "Out-of-Unit", and it worked fine for me. Is it not working for you? If they have a calling in MLS, then they should be able to be added. Wives of members of the Bishopric may have to be added as "Out-of-Unit" callings.
ggconrad

Post by ggconrad »

AileneRHerrick wrote:Interesting. I tried adding a name of someone who was "Out-of-Unit", and it worked fine for me. Is it not working for you? If they have a calling in MLS, then they should be able to be added. Wives of members of the Bishopric may have to be added as "Out-of-Unit" callings.
It's still not working for me. I plugged in first name, last name, and preferred name for all eight "Out-of-Unit" individuals, and nothing ever came up. I double-checked the online directory and all individuals were listed under their respective organizations inside "Ward Leaders".
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

ggconrad wrote:It's still not working for me. I plugged in first name, last name, and preferred name for all eight "Out-of-Unit" individuals, and nothing ever came up. I double-checked the online directory and all individuals were listed under their respective organizations inside "Ward Leaders".
That is strange.

If you go to the online directory, click on "Ward Leaders" and then click on "Out of Unit" at the bottom of the list, do any of these members appear there?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

AileneRHerrick wrote:That is strange.

If you go to the online directory, click on "Ward Leaders" and then click on "Out of Unit" at the bottom of the list, do any of these members appear there?

That's a different kind of out-of-unit member. Those are members who have their records in your ward but who are serving another unit. ggconrad is talking about leaders whose records are located in another ward but are serving in the ward where the lesson is taught. Basically the reverse situation from the ones listed in the 'Out Of Unit' section.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

eblood66 wrote:That's a different kind of out-of-unit member. Those are members who have their records in your ward but who are serving another unit. ggconrad is talking about leaders whose records are located in another ward but are serving in the ward where the lesson is taught. Basically the reverse situation from the ones listed in the 'Out Of Unit' section.
Okay, that makes more sense then. I am able to successfully add people from that "Out-of-Unit" section, so my situation isn't the same as ggconrad's. My apologies!

ggconrad, since this thread seems to mainly discuss wanting to add multiple instructors to the instructor field, I would recommend starting a new thread and explaining your out of unit situation. The programmers may be more likely to see it (since they may assume that everything in this thread pertains to the multiple instructor issue).

Return to “Beta Lesson Schedules”