Since there is currently no help documentation for the Lesson Scheduler, here is a quick rundown on how to use it.
- This is currently a ward/branch level only application. Therefore, the main administrators for the Scheduler are the Bishopric/Branch Presidency and clerks.
- An administrator will have an 'Administration' link on the main page of the scheduler. Using this link, the admin can see the list of courses that exist in the ward.
- From the course list, and admin can create a new course. In creating the course, the admin can select which manual the class will use (or no manual) from the list of manuals available on LDS.Org in the admin's chosen language (currently the UI is only in English, but changing your language should give access to other language manuals).
- While creating the course, the admin can also select when the course should run (usually all-year, but could be shorter) and which auxilliary the course belongs to.
- Choosing an auxilliary will give the leaders of that auxilliary rights to edit the individual lessons of the course.
- Admins can also assign an instructor to the class (multiple instructors will be enabled later).
- Once the class in created, admins (both ward admins and auxilliary leaders) can edit the individual lessons.
- Unit admins can create events (General/Stake Conference, etc.) and choose which courses are affected by the event.
- Assigning a course to an event means that the week of the event will be blocked out on that courses schedule
- The weekly schedule of lessons can include Manual chapters, a custom topic, a lesson from an auxilliary or ward leader, or a Teaching For Our Times (Conference Talk) lesson.
- In the future, the ability to link directly to a talk on LDS.Org will be added for lessons from General Conference addresses.
- For the time being, the lesson schedule must be manually controlled. Meaning that if a lesson is changed, cancelled, or moved, any later lessons in the year will need to be changed by hand. In the future, we hope to add the option to automatically update subsequent lessons when a lesson is changed.
If I missed anything, feel free to add tips to this thread.
Beta Lesson Schedules Website feedback
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
I added help documentation for Lesson Schedules. You can access it now by clicking the help button within the Lesson Schedules application, or by going directly here: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Lesson_Schedules
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest