Nothing seems to work; waiting for next release

Beta Lesson Schedules Website feedback
myers18111

Nothing seems to work; waiting for next release

Post by myers18111 »

I am High Priests Group first assistant in the Roseville Michigan ward. I also teach the second and third weeks each month from the Lorenzo Snow manual. <:beginning of confused:> Nothing I do gives me any errors, but nothing I do seems to add anything to the database; what I mean is that nothing I enter ever shows up. </:end of confused:> I have tried "Add All Lessons". I have tried "Add Missing Lessons". <:beginning of cool:> I am a computer programmer by trade, and understand pretty much how all this stuff should work; I am not a novice.</:end of cool:>

So. When's the next release? :) Congratulations on having the courage to launch this. I am very serious. It seems to be working for many people. This is an excellent idea as we have had many discussions regarding lessons schedules. Based on the 'Known Problems', it also sounds like you have a whole bunch of really good ideas for beefing this up. This is gonna be great; I can feel it :)
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Nothing seems to work; waiting for next release

Post by jdlessley »

You posted in the Beta Lesson Schedules forum. The last Lesson Schedules beta was version 2.0.582. The current production Lesson Schedules is version 2.0.971 Which version are you working on - the one at http://www.lds.org/rclesson or the production version at https://www.lds.org/lesson?
myers18111 wrote:I have tried "Add All Lessons".
Where do you find that?

You can add a class by clicking the "Add Class" link on the Administrator page, but I have not found anything like "Add All Lessons". Once the manual is selected for "Manual or Lesson Material" and the Save button is clicked, the lessons are filled in automatically for the class.
myers18111 wrote:I have tried "Add Missing Lessons".
"Add Missing Lessons" is feature that enables missing lessons to be inserted to maintain lessons continuity without missing lessons from added events. For example, an event is added after a class is created. The lesson on the event date is replaced by the event. By using the "Add Missing Lessons" feature the replaced lesson will be moved to the next lesson date after the event and all subsequent lessons will be moved out one lesson date to accommodate the replaced lesson being added back in.

If there are no missing lessons then nothing will happen when the feature is used. Are you saying that there is a missing lesson for the class and after you use the feature nothing happens to add in the missing lesson?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
myers18111

Re: Nothing seems to work; waiting for next release

Post by myers18111 »

This release is very nice. You can close this thread.

Return to “Beta Lesson Schedules”