Interactive Book for 7-Inch Tablets Testing

1313sam

Post by 1313sam »

I have tried using dropbox app on the nook tablet and box.net (although there is not an app in the nook app store, you can access through the web and download it). Neither of these worked. I know that nook blocks sideloading, but wanted to see if this would work since success was had on the kindle fire. I am running 1.4.1 and no, I have not rooted. Yet! I was wanting to see if it could be done without the root, just for trial and error. Anyone using a Nook Tablet or Nook Color please feel free to share your patterns of success or what didn't work.
EmilyHedrick
Church Employee
Church Employee

Update

Post by EmilyHedrick »

Thank you everyone for being so involved in this test project. Just to let everyone know, this is brand new territory for us. That's the reason we are testing this platform on all different devices. The APK is now available via the Interactive Books and Magazines wiki. Instructions and the URL to the survey can be found here as well. Thank you for all your help and feedback!
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Interactive_B ... et_Testing
amichopine

Post by amichopine »

I'm having a problem. I can sideload this to my kindle, but I get an error : Parse error, There is a problem parsing the package. Is there something else I need to do?
mdeden1

I would like to beta test the interactive books too.

Post by mdeden1 »

Hi there,
I would love to be part of the beta program for the interactive books. I have a Kindle fire. I am very familiar with side loading apps for the kindle fire. I have been doing it for months now. The new technologies that the church is developing excite me and it would be amazing to be a small part of that. Thank You
mdeden1

Post by mdeden1 »

I too am getting a parsing error when trying to install the app on my kindle fire. Any ideas?
briandhansen

Kindle Fire Sideloading Problem

Post by briandhansen »

I am getting an error when trying to install the Interactive Book for 7-inch tablets on my Kindle Fire. I am downloading the apk file directly onto the device from the wiki page. I have been able to install other applications without a problem, but with this app I am getting a parsing error.
mdeden1

Post by mdeden1 »

Something is not right with the Apk. I have tried to install it with two different installer programs and neither program will even recognize the apk.
matthewdlohmeyer
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by matthewdlohmeyer »

I've tried many different methods of loading the apk on the Nook Tablet running 1.4.1. It can't be done without rooting the device. Nook blocked side loading in V. 1.4.1. Side loading is possible though on 1.4.0.
matthewdlohmeyer
Church Employee
Church Employee

1313sam wrote:I have tried using dropbox app on the nook tablet and box.net (although there is not an app in the nook app store, you can access through the web and download it). Neither of these worked. I know that nook blocks sideloading, but wanted to see if this would work since success was had on the kindle fire. I am running 1.4.1 and no, I have not rooted. Yet! I was wanting to see if it could be done without the root, just for trial and error. Anyone using a Nook Tablet or Nook Color please feel free to share your patterns of success or what didn't work.

1313sam, I've tried many methods of side loading, and I have found it can't be done on V. 1.4.1 due to that update blocking side loading. The only way to do it is to root back to V. 1.4.0.
matthewdlohmeyer
Church Employee
Church Employee

mdeden1 wrote:Something is not right with the Apk. I have tried to install it with two different installer programs and neither program will even recognize the apk.

mdeden1, what device are you trying to load the Apk onto?

Return to “Interactive Books & Magazines”