No household markers appear

Beta testing of maps.lds.org
User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14685
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

No household markers appear

Postby aebrown » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:10 pm

When I go to "My Ward & Stake," I see the boundaries for my ward clearly displayed, but there are no household markers, as is the case with the current LDS Maps. If I click on a household name in the Directory, then the information popup appears, and it has a pointer to the household marker for that household. But that household marker appears only as long as the information popup is displayed, and goes away when the information popup goes away.

Was it intentional that household markers would no longer appear, or is that feature not implemented yet? Or is there some problem unique to my ward?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

User avatar
mfmohlma
Senior Member
Posts: 784
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:45 pm
Location: Hillsboro, OR

Postby mfmohlma » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:16 pm

I do see household markers in the beta maps, so it might just be your ward data (or your browser). This was using Chrome version 16.0.912.63 and IE version 8.0.7600.16385.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20729
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:18 pm

I saw markers on mine as soon as I brought up the ward. IE9.

You might check options. I think there's a way to turn that off, so your preferences might have been set differently.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14685
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:26 pm

mfmohlma wrote:I do see household markers in the beta maps, so it might just be your ward data (or your browser). This was using Chrome version 16.0.912.63 and IE version 8.0.7600.16385.


I should have checked other browsers. I was using Firefox 8 when I didn't see household markers. But when I tried IE9, I saw the markers right away. Yet with Chrome, I saw no markers. Hmmm...

RussellHltn wrote:You might check options. I think there's a way to turn that off, so your preferences might have been set differently.


I can't find any preference for turning that option on or off. There are other options for showing various elements, but none that seem to refer to household markers (except for your own Home marker).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

User avatar
mlh78
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:03 pm
Location: Texas, USA

Postby mlh78 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:09 pm

aebrown wrote: Yet with Chrome, I saw no markers. Hmmm....


Works just fine for me with Chrome.

jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 6522
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: USA, TX

Postby jdlessley » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:32 pm

I am using FirFox 8. I have some household markers displayed and some not. At first I thought only verified households were not displayed with a marker but there is a mix. I haven't gone through and checked the unverified households to see if all have a marker, but it appears that they do. Only a small number of verified households have a marker. The rest of the verified household markers are missing. Just as aebrown describes, the marker appears when the household is clicked on the list of households on the left and the information popup appears.

I get the same thing in IE8.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

erinbourgeous
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:54 pm

Postby erinbourgeous » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:55 pm

jdlessley wrote:I am using FirFox 8. I have some household markers displayed and some not. At first I thought only verified households were not displayed with a marker but there is a mix. I haven't gone through and checked the unverified households to see if all have a marker, but it appears that they do. Only a small number of verified households have a marker. The rest of the verified household markers are missing. Just as aebrown describes, the marker appears when the household is clicked on the list of households on the left and the information popup appears.

I get the same thing in IE8.


What ward are you in?
Erin Bourgeous
Quality Assurance Engineer, LDS Church

smilton81
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:05 pm

Postby smilton81 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:13 pm

It would be great if that was an option whether to show the household markers or not. I am using firefox 8.0.1 and I do not see the household markers either. I am using a Mac Mini 2.0 and can see the boundaries fine but no household markers until I click on an name.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14685
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:12 pm

aebrown wrote:I should have checked other browsers. I was using Firefox 8 when I didn't see household markers. But when I tried IE9, I saw the markers right away. Yet with Chrome, I saw no markers. Hmmm...


Back when I was first testing this, I saw no markers even if I refreshed the page.

But now with both Firefox and Chrome, I just logged in and still saw no markers. But then I did a cache-ignoring refresh, and with both browsers the household markers appeared. I can't explain what's different between now and a few hours ago, but it is working properly now.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 6522
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: USA, TX

Postby jdlessley » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:18 pm

erinbourgeous wrote:What ward are you in?
I PMed that information to you.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?


Return to “Beta Maps”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest