LDS Tools not accepting my user name & password

Discussions around the LDS Tools application for all versions of Windows Phone.
bjcoleman

Same issue

Post by bjcoleman »

humulos wrote:Sorry to ressurrect this thread, but the problem persists. I just bought an HTC Arrive on Sprint and am unable to download my stake information. Upon hitting the download button, my information gets rejected, and hitting it again just gives a line of those moving dots used as a waiting symbol. Looking at the reviews shows me that I am not alone on this. Is there any fix I can apply?

I just tried to refresh my data and ran into the same problem. It has been working great for the past two months. Not sure what is wrong now.

The last fix required a change by the dev. Looks like we will need to wait for them to tackle this.
humulos

Post by humulos »

It looks like the issue is fixed no! No App update required. I guess it was on the server-side, my webOS phone was having some problems too... both are working fine now!
mgriffin

Re: LDS Tools not accepting my user name & password

Post by mgriffin »

I am having the same issue, but here is what is puzzling. My wife and I recently got the Nokia Lumia 822s. Except I got the black one and she went with White. We are both able to log into all LDS apps on her phone. But on my phone, it does not work.

My phone was recently exchanged for a brand new one, and the problem persists. Would like to get some assistance in troubleshooting. The password is not the issue as it works on a similar device with the password without issue.
pbarnsley

Post by pbarnsley »

Same problem here. It was working on my htc 8x and now i log in and it says downloading info, then after download it says an error has occurred please try again.

There doesnt appear to be any way to help on the windows phone projects. I would be happy to troubleshoot and do some bug fixes.
dmholland

Post by dmholland »

Experiencing the same problem on my HTC 8X. Username and password are fine but the sync fails with a message to try again later. It has not worked since I installed the app on March 11th. Tried at least twice each day. Any suggestions?
ckrugman

Post by ckrugman »

I have been having this problem for the past 6 months as well. No fixes that I have seen have worked. I have an HTC arrive as well.
jkentner

Post by jkentner »

Try changing your LDS Account password to something super simple just for testing and see if it works. Just curious.
jkentner

Post by jkentner »

My son has a WP 7.8 phone, it would not his password even after changing to multiple things. I then logged into LDS.org, went to the Calendar, limited the subscribed calendars to young men/scouting, then had him login to LDS Tools and it worked.
pbarnsley

Post by pbarnsley »

You are a genius! It worked, just signed in to lds.org as you said and went to calendar. I am guessing that the app can't handle the popup I had to click on using the website.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

pbarnsley wrote:I am guessing that the app can't handle the popup I had to click on using the website.
What popup was that? The only one I know about is something like "Welcome to calendar 2.2" or something like that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Windows Phone LDS Tools”