Android Mormon Channel Radio - Media Player Error!

Any discussions around the Mormon Radio Channel App on various mobile and electronic devices
fehljam

Android Mormon Channel Radio - Media Player Error!

Postby fehljam » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:33 am

I having a new problem with the Mormon channel radio player option. In the past, around last General Conference time (so about 3 1/2 months ago) I used the app on my Android phone with 4.2.1 Jelly Bean on it and had no issues. After that, I switched to an iPhone for a while.

Well, now I have switched back to my Android and trying to use the Mormon channel app (version 4.1.0) on the same phone and whenever I select the radio, it 'thinks' for a while with a spinning circle where play/pause would be and then eventually says "Media Player Error! Resetting" and nothing plays.

I have rebooted the phone, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, cleared the cache, and nothing gets it to play. I have tried on various different Wi-Fi networks.

I'm not sure what version of MC I was using back in April for General Conference, but as I say above, I am having this issue with version 4.1.0. Does anyone know if the version has changed since last General Conference? If so, perhaps some sort of version update has broken this? I see comments on the Google Play store with people having the same frustration/issue, but did not see a thread there, so I thought I'd ask.

Has anyone else experiences this "Media Player Error! Resetting" message ?

Thank you.

fehljam

Re: Android Mormon Channel Radio - Media Player Error!

Postby fehljam » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:59 pm

Okay, just an update. I used the Mormon Channel app on cellular data and it streamed the radio just fine, then switched back to wi-fi and it was magically working as well. So I fell it got some update via cellular data to allow it to stream correctly and now it seems to be fine.

jameshalgren

Postby jameshalgren » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:27 am

Thanks -- I'm seeing this same error and will try your fix and report back if it works...

freelabor

Postby freelabor » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:46 am

Having same problem

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:22 pm

Are any of you on T-Mobile with the Binge On option? That tends to cause problems with streaming media.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

Return to “Mormon Radio Channel”