Leadership Synchronization Problem?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
ammonihah

Post by ammonihah »

Hum... guess I will have to check later. When I try to log into CDOL I get this:

Error page exception
The server cannot use the error page specified for your application to handle the Original Exception printed below. Please see the Error Page Exception below for a description of the problem with the specified error page.

Original Exception:

Error Message: Filter [CdolLoggingFilter]: filter is unavailable.
Error Code: 500
Target Servlet: Faces Servlet
Error Stack:
javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open connection
at org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.throwPersistenceException(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:637)
at org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.persist(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:226)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor253.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at org.springframework.orm.jpa.ExtendedEntityManagerCreator$ExtendedEntityManagerInvocationHandler.invoke(ExtendedEntityManagerCreator.java:358)
at $Proxy105.persist(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.seam.persistence.EntityManagerProxy.persi

There is a lot more to the error. Maybe they are working on it right now.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Yes they are working on it. There are issues with connecting to the database right now.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

CDOL is back up now.
ammonihah

Post by ammonihah »

I'm not the only one having this problem.

https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... -match-MLs

He gives a "try this" suggestion in the thread. But this is something that can't be WAD. There is something going on between CDOL and the data going to LDS.org and LDSTools. It may warrant a closer look by whoever is providing or creating the data sets.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ammonihah wrote:Does CDOL store all callings, not just leadership? Most of the callings not updating seem to be things like ward missionary, relief society board member, and other callings that are not presidencies.
I know you were affected by the temporary server outage for CDOL. But I haven't heard yet whether you are seeing sync problems between MLS and CDOL, or between CDOL and LDS Tools. So far the only specific I've read from you is in your original post that says that MLS and LDS Tools aren't in sync.

What about CDOL? Does it match MLS or LDS Tools or neither?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

ammonihah wrote:I'm not the only one having this problem.

https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... -match-MLs

He gives a "try this" suggestion in the thread. But this is something that can't be WAD. There is something going on between CDOL and the data going to LDS.org and LDSTools. It may warrant a closer look by whoever is providing or creating the data sets.
From what I understand, the data in the Directory app on lds.org and the data going to LDSTools comes directly from CDOL with no intermediate data set so there is very little chance the problem is there. Have you verified that CDOL is correct?

I expect that the problem in the thread you referenced is also a problem getting information from MLS to CDOL. That's usually where these things go wrong.
ammonihah

Post by ammonihah »

MLS at our clerks office does not match CDOL. LDSTools does not match CDOL. Our MLS is up to day and we transmitted and received last Sunday. Must be a problem between MLS and CDOL, but it is trickling through to LDSTools.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

ammonihah wrote:MLS at our clerks office does not match CDOL.
Since you did not say how they do not match I am assuming there are some missing callings in CDOL based on post #1. You may want to synchronize MLS and CDOL. To do this follow the procedure in the Correcting duplicate or missing callings section of the Callingswiki article.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
randoogle

LDS.org Website not matching LDS Tools

Post by randoogle »

I can understand the ward directory on LDS.org and MLS mis-matching, but my father-in-law's LDS Tools and LDS.org directory are very much out of sync (LDS Tools is missing a lot of callings). If both his LDS Tools and LDS.org directory both pull directly from the CDOL, then shouldn't LDS Tools and LDS.org match?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I believe that you have to tell LDS Tools to synchronize its list with the website.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”