Copy to my calendar

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Copy to my calendar

Post by russellhltn »

swilde1 wrote:I did subscribe to the lds tools calendar but that puts Everything on my calendar - too much.
Calendar 2.x puts syncs everything you are subscribed to in the sync. "Subscribe" shouldn't be confused with the check boxes on the main page that's selected for view. Subscriptions are sliders. You can get to it via the Settings.

In Calendar 3.0, you can have a separate sync that is just of selected calendars. I believe that's going to be rolled out some time in Feb.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
falcon771

Re: Copy to my calendar

Post by falcon771 »

swilde1 wrote:That’s the problem for me - the bubble does not appear. Maybe I need to give iCal permission to access lds tools or visa versa but I don’t know how. I did subscribe to the lds tools calendar but that puts Everything on my calendar - too much.
Okay. That means that at some point when you originally tapped the Copy to My Calendar link, you selected Don't Allow. This basically denies LDS Tools from accessing your calendar, forever-ish.
Allow LDS Tools.jpg
Allow LDS Tools.jpg (64 KiB) Viewed 762 times
To reset this, go to Settings > Privacy > Calendar and slide the toggle button next to LDS Tools to enable (I am using iOS 12.1.3).
Privacy setting.jpg
(115.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet
You will have to log in to LDS Tools again. Then go to the calendar and tap Copy to My Calendar for the event you want to add, another 'bubble' will pop up, that also says, Copy to My Calendar. If you tap that, your default calendar app will open a new screen allowing you to edit the event and calendar details. Tapping Add will then add it to your iOS calendar app.

Additionally, I understand the "too much" comment. That is why I created a third Google Calendar just for the stake calendar (I have one for my work, personal, and church). I can turn it on and off in my view, but it is always synced with the calendar on lds.org. As a stake clerk, this has proved to be invaluable. I can see the stake calendar, ward calendars, and meetinghouse calendar without having to sign in to lds.org every time.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”