Not seen in LDS Tools

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
dbrough

Not seen in LDS Tools

Post by dbrough »

I have an Android (Galaxy S6). My settings are set to Stake Public. If people outside my ward has an Iphone, my information is not available to them. If they have an android you they can see my information. I have tested it with several wards in my stake, and they have sync'd several times.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Not seen in LDS Tools

Post by russellhltn »

The only reasons I can think of for not being visible out side of the ward is if you're classified as "youth".

You might verify that all your contact settings are set for "stake". There are multiple ones. Household: limit, address, map, phone number, email
Individual: phone number, email.

Out-of-unit leaders can be problematic at times. Likewise "children" of a household, even if they are an adult can run into problems.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dbrough

Post by dbrough »

I have verified all that. I am set correctly as the Bishop and all my accesses work. It is weird because some people in the Stake can see my personal cell and some can not. My stake also has trouble sometimes seeing when my ward has posted events on the calendar.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What kind of unit? A standard "family" or are we talking about a YSA ward in which case you would be a out-of-unit leader?

And when you say "some people" can see it, are we talking about stake leaders or members of your ward?

I've moved this to iOS since it appears the problem is with that OS, not Android.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dcbishop

Post by dcbishop »

I'm a Clerk in a YSA Stake in Wasjington DC. Recently, iOS users of LDS Tools have seen all data pertaining to Out of Unit callings (Stake Presidency, High Council and RS Presidency) disappear. Syncing the App does not help. I actually removed a couple of these callings in LCR (callings still appear there, but not on the Out of Unit Report) and re-instated the callings, hoping this might "restart" the process and push the "new" data back through the network to eventually repopulate the App server. No joy. Still no data on LDS Tools. Have opened a ticket with GSC, but no response in the past week.

Anyone have any thoughts?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

dcbishop wrote:I'm a Clerk in a YSA Stake in Wasjington DC. Recently, iOS users of LDS Tools have seen all data pertaining to Out of Unit callings (Stake Presidency, High Council and RS Presidency) disappear. Syncing the App does not help. I actually removed a couple of these callings in LCR (callings still appear there, but not on the Out of Unit Report) and re-instated the callings, hoping this might "restart" the process and push the "new" data back through the network to eventually repopulate the App server. No joy. Still no data on LDS Tools. Have opened a ticket with GSC, but no response in the past week.

Anyone have any thoughts?
This is an iOS app bug, which the developers have already fixed in beta for the next release. It happened for my stake, too (only affects stake-level out-of-unit leaders)! Hopefully the update comes soon.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”