Accessing confidential information as membership clerk since last LDS tools update for iPad

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
SJMayer

Re: Accessing confidential information as membership clerk since last LDS tools update for iPad

Post by SJMayer »

sbradshaw wrote:I don't think being hacked would affect your ability to see reports, so I don't think that's a factor.
Most likely it's either a glitch with how your calling was recorded or a bug in the app.
because my dad who is in the bishopric has the same version of lds tools which is the updated version same version that I have and he is not having any issues also I have sent an email to tech support about this issue and I have had no response from anyone and I do rely on lds tools for my calling

all I can say is can ya'll please put out a fix for this issue also how many other people are having this issue besides me?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Accessing confidential information as membership clerk since last LDS tools update for iPad

Post by sbradshaw »

I'm not having that issue, but we would want someone else who is a Ward Assistant Clerk—Membership to check, since that's your calling.
Unfortunately, the developers don't visit this forum often (this is mainly for user-to-user support) so unless someone else has ideas, there's not a lot we can do. You could try calling the Global Service Center, if you aren't hearing back from the developers. They may be able to contact the developers more directly.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
SJMayer

Post by SJMayer »

sbradshaw wrote:I'm not having that issue, but we would want someone else who is a Ward Assistant Clerk—Membership to check, since that's your calling.
Unfortunately, the developers don't visit this forum often (this is mainly for user-to-user support) so unless someone else has ideas, there's not a lot we can do. You could try calling the Global Service Center, if you aren't hearing back from the developers. They may be able to contact the developers more directly.
I actually contacted the global service center through the link in lds tools but have not heard from them yet

also I have not contacted the developer yet because wouldn't the developer be the church?
I did however contact my ward clerk to see if he is having the same issue and apparently he is not
so it could be just me having this issue
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

In a broad sense, the developer is the Church, but more specifically, the developers of the LDS Tools iOS app are 2–3 Church employees who work on a small team in the Church ICS department. Bug reports are directed to them so they can fix things.

The "Contact Us" link in the app goes to an email address that the 2–3 iOS developers check periodically. It's possible they've gotten a lot of feedback on the app update, since there were some major design changes, and are still working their way through the backlog to your email.

The Global Service Center is more of a generic help center that clerks can call. They can help you resolve the problem, or route things to the proper developers based on what problems are reported. Contact information for the Global Service Center is here:
https://www.lds.org/help/support/suppor ... r?lang=eng

Hope this helps!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

sbradshaw wrote:
Biggles wrote:I had a problem with the beta version and the version just released. The app would crash whenever I tapped on a specific serving missionary. There wasn't a problem with the previous release.
I cleared the problem by deleting the beta and current released versions. Then powered the iPad down. Reinstalled both versions, synced and the apps both work as expected.

Try it and let us know if that sorts the problem!
To clarify Biggles' suggestion, since it doesn't sound like you are using the beta version of the app, try just deleting the updated release version you have on your iPad (hold on icon until they jiggle, then press the "x"), and reinstalling it from the app store.
To try and further clarify my experience. The crashing app problem affected both versions (beta and current released versions), only by deleting both, powering down (Rebooting), then reinstalling both, sorted my particular scenario. The conclusion I came to for my particular situation, is both versions shared the same corrupted data and that by doing the sequence mentioned earlier, cleared the corruption.
I think it's irrelevant that I also reinstalled the beta after rebooting. The data was corrupt!

Have you actually rebooted after deleting the app, before reinstalling?
SJMayer

Post by SJMayer »

Biggles wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:
Biggles wrote:I had a problem with the beta version and the version just released. The app would crash whenever I tapped on a specific serving missionary. There wasn't a problem with the previous release.
I cleared the problem by deleting the beta and current released versions. Then powered the iPad down. Reinstalled both versions, synced and the apps both work as expected.

Try it and let us know if that sorts the problem!
To clarify Biggles' suggestion, since it doesn't sound like you are using the beta version of the app, try just deleting the updated release version you have on your iPad (hold on icon until they jiggle, then press the "x"), and reinstalling it from the app store.
To try and further clarify my experience. The crashing app problem affected both versions (beta and current released versions), only by deleting both, powering down (Rebooting), then reinstalling both, sorted my particular scenario. The conclusion I came to for my particular situation, is both versions shared the same corrupted data and that by doing the sequence mentioned earlier, cleared the corruption.
I think it's irrelevant that I also reinstalled the beta after rebooting. The data was corrupt!

Have you actually rebooted after deleting the app, before reinstalling?
I am still having the same issue and I don't have the beta installed
I am however having My stake clerk check with other clerks in the stake to see if they are having the same issue that I am having
SJMayer

Post by SJMayer »

I am still having the same issue even after reinstalling
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

SJMayer wrote:I am still having the same issue even after reinstalling
Sorry to labour the point, but did you reboot before reinstalling?
SJMayer

Post by SJMayer »

Biggles wrote:
SJMayer wrote:I am still having the same issue even after reinstalling
Sorry to labour the point, but did you reboot before reinstalling?
I did reboot but that did not help
SJMayer

Post by SJMayer »

I am also having an issue viewing my own membership record number as well as other things related to membership information for other members of my Ward as it relates to my calling as Membership Clerk
Also they did not remove Membership clerk access to viewing other members that persons ward there membership record number or any other information that the membership clerk is supposed to have access to

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”