Updating profile photo not working

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
samueln

Re: Updating profile photo not working

Post by samueln »

I, as ward clerk, go to the photos section in the ward directory and approve those needing approval. But then the photos disappear. They don't show on the photo directory. Is there a page where I need to assign them somehow?

Also under 'manage photos' I see some members have multiple photos there. Is that necessary? Do I need to delete older photos and only keep the most recent ones?
Somewhat confused.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

samueln wrote:Also under 'manage photos' I see some members have multiple photos there. Is that necessary? Do I need to delete older photos and only keep the most recent ones?
Somewhat confused.
Are the members for which you are seeing two photos the only member of the household? I suspect this is the case. There is a household photo and and individual photo. For a single member household both the household photo and the individual photo will have the same name for both photos. Even the photos can or may be the same. But they most certainly can be different photos and therefore give the impression while looking in the Manage Photos section that one photo is an 'older' photo. If there are two photos for the same person you can go to the household in the Directory rather than using the Manage Photos section to see that one photo is for the household and the other is for the individual.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
egibb

Post by egibb »

While I really appreciate the photos auto loading when I preview a member's profile on my iPhone, it's annoying that it seems that at just the same instant when I try to select the specific member from the household, the photo loads and drops the member's details down on the screen, causing me to touch and open the photo. This has happened to me numerous times! LOL. It wasn't the case in the old version of LDS Tools as there was some type of photo 'place holder' which kept the page structure fairly rigid while the content loaded. Are others seeing the same thing? Do I just need to be patient before selecting stuff, or is there a way to set the Tool to only manually load photos (by hitting the 'plus')?
Eldon Gibb - STS
Sherwood Park Alberta Stake

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”