Edit contact info

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
bsummie

Edit contact info

Post by bsummie »

Hello,
I can't seem to find how to edit my families profile information. I thought a member could edit their profile ie change phone number or address, but it looks like I can only edit those who can view it (ie stake or ward members). Any thoughts?
Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Edit contact info

Post by russellhltn »

It looks like I can do that in the android version. Just tap on the "pencil" at the top, and then I can go into those fields to make changes.

If you can't find that feature in the iOS LDS Tools, you can always go to the Directory on lds.org and do it there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bsummie

Post by bsummie »

Thanks I tried that too. My only option is to edit, and that just changes my visibility.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What is your household situation? I think the ability to edit is limited to the "parents". If you are a "child" of a household, even if you are 18 or over, it may not work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bsummie

Post by bsummie »

I'm an adult. We talked about it in PEC and our bishop said he had the same issue, and had to go through the clerk. I could have sworn I did it before.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jtsummie wrote:Thanks I tried that too. My only option is to edit, and that just changes my visibility.
So when you click the Edit link next to your phone number or e-mail address you do not see a dialog like the one below?
phone_edit.jpg
Edit Phone Number
(85.47 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The image is a capture from the online Directory. In this case I can edit the phone number in the Phone number text box.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
bsummie

Post by bsummie »

I only get the bottom half of the box from visible down. Same thing happened when I loged onto a windows computer.
bsummie

Post by bsummie »

See picture
Last edited by bsummie on Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The image you are showing is showing just the visibility setting because you cannot edit your address. Only your clerk can do that. Try your telephone number or e-mail address. I think you will find you can edit those.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
bsummie

Post by bsummie »

Good call thank you. We moved within our same Ward boundaries and thought we could update it. Now that you mention it.... It may have been because of my previous calling I could do it. Thanks so much for the help!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”