Copy Text Functionality Removed?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
tcohen

Copy Text Functionality Removed?

Post by tcohen »

As a ward executive secretary, I found it very useful to be able to copy data from a member's directory profile (membership number, phone number, etc.), and paste it into a text or e-mail.

It appears that the latest version of LDS Tools has removed the ability to copy text. Why?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Copy Text Functionality Removed?

Post by aebrown »

tcohen wrote:It appears that the latest version of LDS Tools has removed the ability to copy text. Why?
FWIW, the 2.3.0 version of LDS Tools for Android, which was released in the last month or so, still allows you to copy text. If the change you report on the iOS version were an intentional change based on policy, I would think it would affect Android as well.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I just checked this, and tcohen is correct, you can no longer copy data from the members info. A workaround would be to do a screenshot, then crop to the information you need. This can then be sent as a jpg. Not as elegant, but I have used this with other sites that don't allow copying.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

This would be good feedback to submit through the app under Settings > Help > Feedback. I agree that it's useful to be able to copy and paste from LDS Tools.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”