Gospel Tools App won't sync due to calendar function

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
kjhubnik

Gospel Tools App won't sync due to calendar function

Post by kjhubnik »

I have been unable to sync or sign in to the Gospel Tools app on my phone. Each time I try to sync I receive two messages, "Warning - LDS Calendar services were not available. Please try to sync again" and "Error Downloading: some information could not be downloaded, please try again later".

I'm curious if the bug fixes have affected the mobile tools app? Does anyone have any information on this or how to fix it? Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Gospel Tools App won't sync due to calendar function

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest you sign in to lds.org, go to the calendar, and set up your subscriptions. Apparently if that's not set up, LDS Tools can't sync.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

MyDasha wrote:I have been unable to sync or sign in to the Gospel Tools app on my phone.
I assume you really are referring only to sync, since you couldn't even get to the sync function if you were unable to sign in.
MyDasha wrote:Each time I try to sync I receive two messages, "Warning - LDS Calendar services were not available. Please try to sync again" and "Error Downloading: some information could not be downloaded, please try again later".
The sync process accesses web services to update the data in the app. That first message sounds like what you would see if the Calendar web service were down. Although there have been some cases where those services go down, I just did a successful sync a couple of minutes ago, so the service is certainly available now.

I suppose it's also possible that for some reason the mobile app has some sort of error when processing the data received from the webservice, and just reports that problem with a generic "not available" message.
MyDasha wrote:I'm curious if the bug fixes have affected the mobile tools app? Does anyone have any information on this or how to fix it? Thanks!
I'm not sure what "bug fixes" you are referring to. And it also might help to know what kind of device you are using LDS Tools on. I have an Android phone (but as far as I know, both Apple and Android devices access the same webservices during the sync process).
kjhubnik

Post by kjhubnik »

Thanks for replying so quickly.

I am using an iPhone and up until this week have never had a problem signing in or using the LDS tools app.

I went ahead and signed in on-line and checked my calendar subscriptions which are all active. I then decided to delete the app and then download it again. It gives me the same two messages as before and will not sync which in turn will not let me sign in. The bug fixes I was referring to were from the message box I get when I sign into the calendar's on-line on LDS.org that states the fixes in the 2.5 release. But if you are able to sync and sign in the bug fixes may not be part of the problem

Still stumped at why it won't let me sync. Do you have any other ideas of what might be causing it to fail?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

MyDasha wrote:The bug fixes I was referring to were from the message box I get when I sign into the calendar's on-line on LDS.org that states the fixes in the 2.5 release.
2.5 was released several months ago. So I don't think that would be the problem.

How are your syncing? Is via WiFi? You might want to try another network.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
redwithcurls

Post by redwithcurls »

This frustrated me for a long time and I finally figured out what worked for me. Go to LDS.org sign in go to account settings and something is missing mine was the membership record number once that is updated and saved you will be able to download and sync LDS tools on your phone.I hope this works for you
thewaltons7

Post by thewaltons7 »

I have downloaded LDS tools to my lap top and also windows phone but it will not complete the sync process for both the laptop and windows phone. It keeps saying LDS Tools Services are unavailable. Please try again later. I have checked my account settings and all is ok. Is there a problem with LDS tools and if so do you know when it will be corrected. Thanks
mikehallad

Post by mikehallad »

I have had this same issue with four different android devices ever since the new release in April or May when the interface changed dramatically and the icon changed to white on blue. I have been trying everything suggested now for 2-3 months without success.

By the way my wife and I have several iOS devices which sync great. It is only this latest release on android. I am running Android versions from 2.3 to the latest this month, and two different accounts, mine and my wife's.

Yes i try it several times a day on broadband and cellular in multiple states and even countries (we are currently traveling back and forth between Utah and Ghana). Same result. iOS syncs on both accounts, Android AND Win 10 do not.

A little help please!
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

If you use the "Contact Us" link inside of the Help menu of the app, it will create an email with attachments that have info for the developers to look at. That is the only way to get direct support on your particular issue.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”