Want to report a problem with the Lds music IOS app

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
davidmarmolejo

Want to report a problem with the Lds music IOS app

Post by davidmarmolejo »

I have Installed in my ipad 2 ( :( ) with ios 7 .... the church hym music app

I some songs like in the children songs (spanish) sound like if they recorded them from a scratched CD.
example:

Childrens music only #57 at the beggning and around 2:00 (btw I really enjoy that )

I hope they can fix this ....

BTW why don't the add the music tranning material to i??
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Want to report a problem with the Lds music IOS app

Post by lajackson »

davidmarmolejo wrote:I hope they can fix this ....
The fastest way to get word to a developer on a problem such as this is to use the email address in the app and send a bug report directly to them.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you still having trouble with the recording of 57 in the Spanish Children's Songbook? I may be able to get it fixed, but I can't reproduce the issue.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:Are you still having trouble with the recording of 57 in the Spanish Children's Songbook? I may be able to get it fixed, but I can't reproduce the issue.
I just tried it on the Android version and yes, Spanish #57, music only, is glitched. It gets off to a rocky start and the last few seconds are totally hosed.

So it is not just an iOS issue. It is an issue with the source of the recording for Android, also. Would you like me to report it to the developer since it's not an LDS app, or do you have connections?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

lajackson wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:Are you still having trouble with the recording of 57 in the Spanish Children's Songbook? I may be able to get it fixed, but I can't reproduce the issue.
I just tried it on the Android version ... So it is not just an iOS issue. It is an issue with the source of the recording for Android, also. Would you like me to report it to the developer since it's not an LDS app, or do you have connections?
"LDS Music" is an official Church app for iOS, and a version is being developed for Android. Were you using the Church's beta LDS Music app for Android, or a third-party app like LDS Hymns?

I think I figured out the problem.

These are the music-only audio files stored with the song in the Church's Music Content Management System:
http://media2.ldscdn.org/assets/music/c ... 8k-spa.mp3
http://broadcast3.lds.org/crowdsource/m ... 3cd399.mp3

The first URL is from the Spanish CD and has the glitches. The second URL is the "low bandwidth" version and is actually based on the English instrumental recording of the same song. By using the same low-bandwidth URL for different languages' instrumental songs, we save space on the phone and it lets us provide recordings for languages that don't have a CD recording.

The LDS Music app (iOS Church-official) used to only use the regular (first) URL. That was probably the case back in January 2014 when the original poster posted. Now, the app only uses the low-bandwidth URLs by default.

In the case of your Android app (probably "LDS Hymns"), my guess is that they are still using the first URL.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:
lajackson wrote:
I just tried it on the Android version ... So it is not just an iOS issue. It is an issue with the source of the recording for Android, also. Would you like me to report it to the developer since it's not an LDS app, or do you have connections?
"LDS Music" is an official Church app for iOS, and a version is being developed for Android. Were you using the Church's beta LDS Music app for Android, or a third-party app like LDS Hymns?
Oops. I am using the companion to the LDS Hymns app called Children's Songbook, by LDS Dudes. I will send them a bug report, and ask my other question in the Android forum.
kathygray

Post by kathygray »

App does not take me into LDS Music but instead takes me back to home screen of apps on iPad desk top.
spencereccles

Post by spencereccles »

The search function never gives you the hym you clicked on. It gives you a hym much farther in the hym book. I'm guessing their is some bug in the way the app iterates through the hyms, because it becomes much worse the farther into the hym book you get.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Want to report a problem with the LDS Music iOS app

Post by lajackson »

spencereccles wrote:it becomes much worse the farther into the hymn book you get.
This problem was fixed for Android users but it required uninstalling and reinstalling the app to force a new hymn database. The version stayed the same because it was a content problem and not an app problem.

I suspect that the same fix would work for iOS, although you can send feedback through the app to tell them about the problem if you want to wait for the inevitable.
faryn

Post by faryn »

I can't even open the LDS music app on my ipad 2. I used to be able to. I have IOS 9.3.5. I have tried removing and redownloading the app several times to no avail. Can anyone help? :roll:

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”