NO MORE ACCESS TO INFORMATION IN THE APP

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
bartwojtkowski

NO MORE ACCESS TO INFORMATION IN THE APP

Post by bartwojtkowski »

My calling changed not long ago (from ExSec to EQ President) and since then I lost most of the information stored in the app, such as 3/4 of my ward list and access to other reports. I am aware that only certain callings have access to certain information. My question is if there's is anyway to get access to the full ward list on the app (our directory on lds.org is also limited)? I've created lists and maps with members of my quorums and home teaching information and since the last update (new members moved in/out of the ward) I've lost it all and can't use it anymore, in short the LDSTools APP is now pretty useless for me with ca.10 members on the list. Any tips? Clues if that will change soon. Would love to continue using the APP. (Btw, I'm located in Europe, Germany)
Best Regards,
Bart Wojtkowski
eblood66

Re: NO MORE ACCESS TO INFORMATION IN THE APP

Post by eblood66 »

bartwojtkowski wrote:My calling changed not long ago (from ExSec to EQ President) and since then I lost most of the information stored in the app, such as 3/4 of my ward list and access to other reports. I am aware that only certain callings have access to certain information. My question is if there's is anyway to get access to the full ward list on the app (our directory on lds.org is also limited)? I've created lists and maps with members of my quorums and home teaching information and since the last update (new members moved in/out of the ward) I've lost it all and can't use it anymore, in short the LDSTools APP is now pretty useless for me with ca.10 members on the list. Any tips? Clues if that will change soon. Would love to continue using the APP. (Btw, I'm located in Europe, Germany)
Best Regards,
Bart Wojtkowski
The problem is that most members of your ward probably have their privacy settings set to Leadership Only (because that is the default in Europe). I really doubt there will be any change in the default (it's pretty much dictated by privacy laws) or any change in which leaders get to see all members (since this is also a decision based on how to best comply with privacy laws). You're best bet to make it more useful is to get members to change their privacy settings so that the rest of the ward can view their information.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think you're toast. Europe is one of those areas where members have to opt-in for their information to be seen by ward members. That's why you see so few.

As a member of the bishopric, you had access to all of the information, regardless of people's privacy settings. But as far as I know, that's not true for a EQ President.

So at this point, I see two routes: Lobby for a change to the laws of the land when it comes to privacy, or work though your stake president to advocate that a EQ President should have leader privileges. I'm not sure as either route will yield results during your tenure as EQ President.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kevindurr

Post by kevindurr »

You can export the ward list with geocodes and ect and the import those as contacts into your device. I used a "Groups" iOS app that has the ability to create smart groups based on various contact field items one of which could be you geocodes. Just run a few test trials with 5-10 contacts before your entire ward list. You might need to map your geocode to something that is available in the Groups app like job title or something so that you can use it to make your groups. Feel free to email me directly for more info if you want some help setting it up. A member of your bishopric will have to create a export file for you first and be sure to strip out sensitive membership information (like ordinances and recommend date).

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”