Lists

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
kirtkennedy

Lists

Post by kirtkennedy »

I'm a ward exec sec and there are several lists that I have created.
I can send emails or text messages to the list however I can't send the list to someone. There are many times the Bishop and others would like me to send a list of members that fall into a particular group and I can't do it? Or at least don't know how?
Please help! :mad:
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Lists

Post by lajackson »

Unless something has changed, I never found a way to do this in iOS. If it is any consolation, I have not found a way to do it in Android, either.
kirtkennedy

Post by kirtkennedy »

Thanks for your response. As an exec sec I am constantly being asked by the Bishop and others to provide information on groups of people... Custom lists are a perfect way to collect and diseminate that information. I'm not a programer, but it does not seem to me that it would be that difficult to add that feature...but what do I know
kevindurr

Post by kevindurr »

i had a smilar problem and instead would recommend the following:
1. Setup an apple icloud account for your ward leadership or bishopric
2. Add every member of your ward into that account as a contact (contact me if you would like more instructions for how to from an export from MLS)
3. Find a Groups iOS app that allows you to create groups and store to the cloud.
4. Share the login information with those you want to share the contacts with

Doing so will still allow to text,email, manage "lists" of users with your device. As your ward leadership is out and about and have updates to an address, phone number, ect you will all have the latest information. You will need to develop some type of mechanism to get the contact updates back into MLS (like a monthly/quaterly review of your icloud vs MLS ward directory). You can use excel to find which information has changed.
ranger47

Post by ranger47 »

I would think this would be coming in future versions? If you disable group messaging and MMS, I can use this to send text to a custom list, which is very handy during natural disasters, etc. However I am limited as I can't share these lists with others or back them up when I get a new phone.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”