Adding Photos using LDS Tools?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
pierce1of5

Adding Photos using LDS Tools?

Post by pierce1of5 »

If a person doesn't have a picture up in their directory listing a plus sign is located in the shadow placeholder. If you touch the plus you get a choice of "Use Camera", "Photo Library", "Saved Photos" or "Cancel". I used camera and took a picture of the member the choice was then "use or retake". "Use" was selected and a message of "success" was displayed. But no picture was ever seen next to the member. No picture was stored in the camera roll either. Is this tool only for the members to add there own pictures? Will administrators be able to use this in the future?
Is this a beta feature that will be fixed? I'm using LDS tools version 2.2.1
John Pierce
Columbia Tennessee
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Adding Photos using LDS Tools?

Post by russellhltn »

I think this may depend on your rights in the directory. If you don't have the right permissions, it may not upload or it may be pending admin approval.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jagflynn

Re: Adding Photos using LDS Tools?

Post by jagflynn »

I am assigned to a branch as an out-of-unit member; my membership record has not been transferred from my ward to the branch. An out-of-unit record was created in the branch computer, and I was assigned to be the website administrator for the branch. I took a photo of the branch president using my IPAD and was unable to upload the photo via the LDS Tools IPAD application or via LDS.org directory (using Safari as the browser). So I emailed the photo to myself, saved it on my Windows laptop, and uploaded it via LDS.org directory (using IE as the browser). So the issue appears to be an Apple compatibility issue rather than a directory permission issue.

jagflynn@hotmail.com
jagflynn@hotmail.com

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”