Addresses missing from ipad app for LDS directory

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
alanna17

Addresses missing from ipad app for LDS directory

Post by alanna17 »

I've been asked for my address from people in my ward twice. I logged in today to add it to the directory, and it is there. This was curious, so I asked the first person where she was looking that she couldn't access my address. It was from her iphone app for the lds directory.

It appears there is a glitch in the communication of information. Who should that be reported to?

Thanks!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Addresses missing from ipad app for LDS directory

Post by jdlessley »

In the online Directory, what is your visibility (privacy) setting for your household and for your household address? You can always see your address but others will not be able to do so if the setting is "Private - leadership only" for either the address or the household.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

alanna17 wrote:It appears there is a glitch in the communication of information.
Those using mobile apps need to make it a point to download the database occasionally to obtain updates. It has not been automatic, at least for me.

When I was using iOS, I noticed the new people in my ward were not showing up in the directory. I knew their records were in the ward. I finally selected the database update, and they all showed up. So I got into the habit of updating the database each week, usually just before Sunday.

Android also does not automatically update (they call it sync) the database. One of the first things I noticed though, is that LDS Tools (Android) requires an update if I have not done one in 30 days. I am back in the habit of doing them more often, but the reminder was nice.

I do not know if such a reminder has been added to the iOS version of LDS Tools. It might be a helpful suggestion to the developers, if it is not already there.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:In the online Directory, what is your visibility (privacy) setting for your household and for your household address? You can always see your address but others will not be able to do so if the setting is "Private - leadership only" for either the address or the household.
There have also been bugs reported where addresses do not always show up for ward members unless the privacy setting is set to "stake" (the least private option).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”