LDS Tools 2.1.3

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
bschroader

LDS Tools 2.1.3

Post by bschroader »

Just an F.Y.I. I don't know if people are naturally inclined to do this, but since updating my LDS Tools on my iPhone today, it kept crashing every time I would try and load a contact. It turned out, that I needed to sync my account in order for the app to function properly.

Like I say, it wasn't the first thing that came to mind, but it seemed to fix the problem I was having. Perhaps others will benefit from seeing this too.
Biggles

Re: LDS Tools 2.1.3

Post by Biggles »

The download instructions did say to sync data, before using!
bschroader

Post by bschroader »

Instructions?

What?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

bschroader wrote:Instructions?

What?
Displayed if downloaded from the iPod/iPad etc., app and via iTunes etc..
bschroader

Post by bschroader »

LOL. Thanks Biggles. This is just me being a little snarky.

What can I say. It's either the "guy" thing that I don't pay much attention to instructions, or most iPhone apps that you update don't require special instructions. I'm just glad I was able to figure it out on my own and figured this might help others who might have thought there to be a bug in the last release or something.

At any rate, no worries. :)
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

bschroader wrote:LOL. Thanks Biggles. This is just me being a little snarky.

What can I say. It's either the "guy" thing that I don't pay much attention to instructions, or most iPhone apps that you update don't require special instructions. I'm just glad I was able to figure it out on my own and figured this might help others who might have thought there to be a bug in the last release or something.

At any rate, no worries. :)
I always say when all else fails, read the instructions! :D

But I agree, it might help someone else!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Biggles wrote:I always say when all else fails, read the instructions! :D
Yes, but that is not nearly as fun as trying to figure it out on your own. [grin]
hyattg

Post by hyattg »

I recently downloaded LDS Tools 2.1.3. For some reason, no Marriage Info shows up since the new release was installed. Has anyone else had this problem? All I get now is a blank screen if I touch Marriage for any record I have in LDS Tools.

Any help to resolve this would be appreciated.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

hyattg wrote:I recently downloaded LDS Tools 2.1.3. For some reason, no Marriage Info shows up since the new release was installed. Has anyone else had this problem? All I get now is a blank screen if I touch Marriage for any record I have in LDS Tools.

Any help to resolve this would be appreciated.
To state the obvious, have you done a data update since? I had to sync twice before Ordinance information appeared!
hyattg

Post by hyattg »

Yes. I have done several updates, and got the same result each time. I sent an email to the help desk, from inside the app; they replied that I should delete the app, re-install it, then re-sync the data, and everything would work fine. I followed their instructions, and still haven't got the Marriage info to show up. I deleted and re-installed it twice, and still no Marriage data.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”