LDS Tools 2.1.3

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the LDS Tools Application.
bschroader
New Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:48 am
Location: Surprise, AZ

LDS Tools 2.1.3

Postby bschroader » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:07 pm

Just an F.Y.I. I don't know if people are naturally inclined to do this, but since updating my LDS Tools on my iPhone today, it kept crashing every time I would try and load a contact. It turned out, that I needed to sync my account in order for the app to function properly.

Like I say, it wasn't the first thing that came to mind, but it seemed to fix the problem I was having. Perhaps others will benefit from seeing this too.

User avatar
Biggles
Senior Member
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 4:14 am
Location: Watford, England

Re: LDS Tools 2.1.3

Postby Biggles » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:33 pm

The download instructions did say to sync data, before using!

bschroader
New Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:48 am
Location: Surprise, AZ

Re: LDS Tools 2.1.3

Postby bschroader » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:20 pm

Instructions?

What?

User avatar
Biggles
Senior Member
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 4:14 am
Location: Watford, England

Re: LDS Tools 2.1.3

Postby Biggles » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:34 pm

bschroader wrote:Instructions?

What?


Displayed if downloaded from the iPod/iPad etc., app and via iTunes etc..

bschroader
New Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:48 am
Location: Surprise, AZ

Re: LDS Tools 2.1.3

Postby bschroader » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:57 pm

LOL. Thanks Biggles. This is just me being a little snarky.

What can I say. It's either the "guy" thing that I don't pay much attention to instructions, or most iPhone apps that you update don't require special instructions. I'm just glad I was able to figure it out on my own and figured this might help others who might have thought there to be a bug in the last release or something.

At any rate, no worries. :)

User avatar
Biggles
Senior Member
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 4:14 am
Location: Watford, England

Re: LDS Tools 2.1.3

Postby Biggles » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:22 pm

bschroader wrote:LOL. Thanks Biggles. This is just me being a little snarky.

What can I say. It's either the "guy" thing that I don't pay much attention to instructions, or most iPhone apps that you update don't require special instructions. I'm just glad I was able to figure it out on my own and figured this might help others who might have thought there to be a bug in the last release or something.

At any rate, no worries. :)


I always say when all else fails, read the instructions! :D

But I agree, it might help someone else!

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6138
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Re: LDS Tools 2.1.3

Postby lajackson » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:21 am

Biggles wrote:I always say when all else fails, read the instructions! :D

Yes, but that is not nearly as fun as trying to figure it out on your own. [grin]

hyattg
New Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:11 pm

Re: LDS Tools 2.1.3

Postby hyattg » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:42 pm

I recently downloaded LDS Tools 2.1.3. For some reason, no Marriage Info shows up since the new release was installed. Has anyone else had this problem? All I get now is a blank screen if I touch Marriage for any record I have in LDS Tools.

Any help to resolve this would be appreciated.

User avatar
Biggles
Senior Member
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 4:14 am
Location: Watford, England

Re: LDS Tools 2.1.3

Postby Biggles » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:35 am

hyattg wrote:I recently downloaded LDS Tools 2.1.3. For some reason, no Marriage Info shows up since the new release was installed. Has anyone else had this problem? All I get now is a blank screen if I touch Marriage for any record I have in LDS Tools.

Any help to resolve this would be appreciated.


To state the obvious, have you done a data update since? I had to sync twice before Ordinance information appeared!

hyattg
New Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:11 pm

Re: LDS Tools 2.1.3

Postby hyattg » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:33 am

Yes. I have done several updates, and got the same result each time. I sent an email to the help desk, from inside the app; they replied that I should delete the app, re-install it, then re-sync the data, and everything would work fine. I followed their instructions, and still haven't got the Marriage info to show up. I deleted and re-installed it twice, and still no Marriage data.


Return to “iPhone/iPad LDS Tools”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest