Edit on LDS tools doesn't make it back to other systems

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
mevans

Edit on LDS tools doesn't make it back to other systems

Post by mevans »

I'm an assistant ward clerk. Last Sunday I thought I'd try the edit feature on my LDS Tools on my iPhone: I used it to update a member's email address. I've synchronized my data twice since then and waited overnight, but when I go the directory on the web site (lds.org/directory), I don't see the updated email address for the member. However, on my phone I do see the updated email address, even after synchronizing the data (so it wasn't overwritten).

Why doesn't my update via LDS Tools update other systems?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I think you'll find that there isn't any data sync to any other systems. It only stays on your device and is lost if the app or data is deleted.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mevans wrote:Why doesn't my update via LDS Tools update other systems?

As Biggles mentioned, LDS Tools is not designed to update any of the Church systems. The ability to change information locally in LDS Tools is a convenience for the user.

In your particular case, the email change either needs to be made by a ward clerk or assistant in MLS, or the member needs to make the change at the Directory web site. If the member makes the change there, it should flow to MLS. If you make the change in MLS, it should flow to the online sites. And either way, it should then flow down to LDS Tools on your next update.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”