Leadership Specific Information Not Showing

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
allencp

Leadership Specific Information Not Showing

Post by allencp »

As of recent, I have been unable to see membership record numbers, birthdates, etc. through my LDS tools iPad app. It had been working previously but now doesn't. I have done the combination of deleting the app, restarting my device -- the previously accessible information is no longer there. It should also be noted that it works fine on my iPhone. I'm running an iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1. I also I have an iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.1.1.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

This sounds like the topic discussed in the thread Ordinances tab on Member Look-up has disappeared. The permissions for bishopric counselors (which it appears you are) and executive secretaries changed recently, which affects both Leader and Clerk Resources on LDS.org and LDS Tools. I can't explain why your iPhone still shows that information, unless you have an older version of LDS Tools on your iPhone.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
allencp

Post by allencp »

aebrown wrote:This sounds like the topic discussed in the thread Ordinances tab on Member Look-up has disappeared. The permissions for bishopric counselors (which it appears you are) and executive secretaries changed recently, which affects both Leader and Clerk Resources on LDS.org and LDS Tools. I can't explain why your iPhone still shows that information, unless you have an older version of LDS Tools on your iPhone.

Yes, I have noticed this change. However, I still have the ability to see membership record numbers and birthdates through the church website yet that is now gone in the LDS Tools app. Further, the reports section of the app is not populated -- items like birthday list, action and interview list.

This still shows to be an issue with the app. Should be noted, tried this on an iPod touch and I had the same problem. It appears my iPhone was an anomaly.
wesnance

Post by wesnance »

I am having a similar issue with both iPhone and Ipad.

I am getting a service error on both devices. In response to latest LDS tools update, I tried to update data to pull information in for the reports function. I get an error: LDS.org was not able to process the request. Failed with error "500." Please try again. I have tried multiple times. I removed LDS tools from iPhone and reloaded but still got the same error. I tried to update via iPad and also got the same error.

Anyone know how to get around this error?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”