I cannot get LDS Tools for iPhone to download!

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

jaybos wrote:The solution described has to do with those who don't have callings, but I have a calling in MLS and still have the issue.

What calling exactly?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jaybos wrote:The solution described has to do with those who don't have callings, but I have a calling in MLS and still have the issue.

Do you know if it's recorded as a standard calling or a custom calling? It might be the lack of standard calling.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jtjacks

Post by jtjacks »

if it was "Imminent" two weeks ago, what is it now?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

jtjacks wrote:if it was "Imminent" two weeks ago, what is it now?

At the time I originally posted that info, I was under the impression that it had been submitted for approval. Unfortunately something appears to have delayed that approval/fix.

I Know not what!!
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Since your calling is a custom one, I'm going with RussellHltn on this one.
RussellHltn wrote:Do you know if it's recorded as a standard calling or a custom calling? It might be the lack of standard calling.
I'm guessing that it is a lack of a calling in the headers (see https://lds.org/header) that causes the problem. Custom positions don't show in the headers, so from LDS Tools point of view you don't have a calling that it can check rights against.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JonesRK wrote:Since your calling is a custom one, I'm going with RussellHltn on this one.
Since you can see his calling, is it something that could be standardized? If so, then that might be a faster fix.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

RussellHltn wrote:Since you can see his calling, is it something that could be standardized? If so, then that might be a faster fix.
Unfortunately no.
richwales

2.0.3 fixes the problem for me

Post by richwales »

I was able to download version 2.0.3 on my iPhone and iPad tonight. After doing this, I was able to do an update without difficulty.
freemanjk

Working now with app update!

Post by freemanjk »

Thanks for the recent update. The ward list and leadership directory works fine, but the calendar is not coming through - "No events available". Thanks again.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

freemanjk wrote:Thanks for the recent update. The ward list and leadership directory works fine, but the calendar is not coming through - "No events available". Thanks again.
I had a similar problem earlier today with the Calendar not showing. This happened when I did a data update which was extremely slow. Did another update about an hour later, which again was slow, but the Calendar populated o.k.

I suspect the church servers were on a go slow. :-)

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”