Texting and email don't work like they did before

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
alz1

Texting and email don't work like they did before

Post by alz1 »

With the release of 2.2.1 we have seen the following behavior:

We are now unable to send text messages if any of the target phone numbers is not a smart phone. We used to see the behavior that we received a failure only on the non-smart phones.

We are now unable to send emails to a list.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Texting and email don't work like they did before

Post by sbradshaw »

Texts and emails use the built-in iOS text, phone, and email functions.

How many recipients are you texting at the same time? Cell phone service providers have a limit to number of recipients of a text (I think it's usually a maximum of 10 recipients).

Also, how many people are you trying to email at once? What error are you getting when you try to send an email?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lovetosew

Post by lovetosew »

After going to AT &T today we figured out that IOS will only allow you to send texts to 10 people at a time which is a pain when you have a whole list of either EQ, RS or HP to send texts to. I had to make 10 different lists & they finally all went. AT & T suggested GroupMe App but with that everyone would have to join & that's not realistic.
It sure would be nice if we could get around that somehow because every time there is a move in I have to go in & edit the list(s).
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I think the limitation is imposed by AT&T, not the iPhone. I'm guessing you got an employee who didn't know about the limit, but if you call AT&T they could let you know for sure.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”